1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Reed Sheppard is a Rocket! And what happened with that Clingan smokescreen? We're talking Rockets live at 10:30am CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    It's time for the second round of the Draft! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room at 3:00pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #44?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Woj] JJ Redick Lakers Coach 4 Years/$32 Million

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

JJ has a high iq basketball mind and is analytical. He could turn out to be one of those young up and coming coaches that does well and sticks. That’s why I was glad Dan Hurley turned the Lakers down and was hoping the Lakers would just go with another retread coach. If he becomes successful like a Jason Kidd or Ty Lue I would hate that.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Like the coach, hate the team. Unless they make some substantial and unexpected roster move(s), I think the Rockets may be better than them this coming season.

Dobbizzle, GotGame15 and wlekfjv923n like this.
  3. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I think he'll be OK but eventually go back to media. He'll see it as a good experience and continue to excel at media. I like his podcasts

Jontro likes this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Equally, believing jobs should work based on "a line" is counter intuitive for both the business and the candidates. It's never about lines, it's about shining more than the other people to the business that's hiring. Sitting and waiting in line should be a pretty good indicator that you're probably not going to make the next step.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I feel like he’ll be another Steve Nash in the sense of being a soft coach the stars can easily push around

a 39 y/o career role player who never won anything who’s the same age as Lebron and just 8 years older than AD

napalm06, B-Bob and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When business used THE LINE as a reason to discriminate for decades
    "Well, they don't have the experience to coach . . .wait until they do . . .then we will hire them"
    Then move the f*cking bar to . . .well. . . it's a gut feeling. . its a feel thing
    Then yea. . . it is bullshit

Rocket River

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I completely get this sentiment, and it sucks that your feelings on that are entirely valid whether or not this particular hire was about race. Not that you needed me to tell you that, obviously.

I loathed Reddick at Duke. I think now that he’s super smart and if I owned a team I’d absolutely have him as a candidate. He seems like he has the personality to be a good coach, and I’m sure his relationship with Lebron didn’t hurt. I can’t root for the Lakers regardless lol!

IBTL, Dobbizzle and Rocket River like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. StoneBall

StoneBall Member

Is JJ a fan of Dillon Brooks? Maybe we can work out a trade for Austin Reaves but I’m only mildly interested at this point.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Exactly, this a farce hire orchestrated by Lebron James.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think he sounds smart in an ESPN studio, but next to a bunch of successful NBA coaches? I'm not sure. We'll see.

Dobbizzle and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's amazing that LeBron is as great as he is, and has one of the highest game IQ's you will ever see.

Yet he has absolutely zero respect for the value of good coaching, just hire a former player who will shut up and do what I want. If it were up to him Eric Spoelstra probably would have been fired over a decade ago.

roslolian and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

FACTS!!!!

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Great players always think their greatness extends outside being a player. For example MJ, Isiah and Magic all sucked as GMs and coaches.

He's far from the only player who doesn't think they need coaching, Chris Paul, KD, irving as well. Didn't Irvin say they don't have a coach in Nets? lol. At least compared to them LeGm can brag his style worked 2 times, in Cleveland and in LAL.

And you are correct reports are Lebron left because Miami wouldn't give him the Kawhi pass, didn't give his buddies jobs and he has to follow what Spo says. Man I think Lebron is the goat but he is def egotistical to the extreme and a megaloaniac lol.

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think people drop more F bombs when they feel overmatched by a situation. It's often just a social anxiety symptom.
    Just saying.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, this will be entertaining.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Red dik wants Brawn to play off ball.

Entertainment ensues.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They also drop them when they are totally relaxed, stoned.