1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Reed Sheppard is a Rocket! And what happened with that Clingan smokescreen? We're talking Rockets live at 10:30am CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    It's time for the second round of the Draft! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room at 3:00pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #44?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah but the other GM sitting across the table replies that the Bulls are just incompetent. And at this point any response other than, “you’re right”, wouldn’t pass the smell test ;)

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

The OKC-BULLS trade was one sided. Giddy cannot shoot or play defense…why Chicago? Caruso can shoot, experience and great on ball defense..Presti makes GM look stupid in trades….other than Houston….the Harden and Sengun trade was awesome

saleem, raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Presti got it back when we traded CP3 plus 1st rd picks for Westbrook, then he flipped CP3 for another 1st rd pick.

raining threes and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like it for both teams. Giddey does have some upside as a scorer and playmaker, which is something the Bulls badly need. Caruso helps OKC with their win now mission and fits their roster better than Giddey did.

jch1911 likes this.
  5. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Kinda true, but one comp is better than zero comps.

It sets a backstop for the other GM. He can say to his owner "we're getting Jalen Green back in the trade, and young players like that are worth two first round picks, look at Josh Giddey".

It's universally true that deal-making executives prefer to limit their own valuation liability by using market comps. It's how they keep their jobs.

raining threes and Aruba77 like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://fanspo.com/nba/trades/yX28zxwuRftOc0

Combine the rumors?
    Kings get Bridges.
    Rockets get Monk and the Suns picks.
    Nets get Landale, Tate, #3 and their own picks/swaps back.

VanVleet - Green - Brooks - Smith - Sengun
    Amen - Monk - Whitmore - Eason - Adams
    Shead - some bozo - that guy - two way - fkn Boban

Why we do it? Monk is proven firepower and that's an easy deal for him and the team. Hedge on Jalen's future, he either gets it and we can move off of FVV or he doesn't and Monk steps in there. Amen gets his shot to develop at point with a *nice* bench brigade. Cam and Tari also align at their most natural positions. No roster jam but also depth is going to be light so we gotta stay healthy. I've cried about that enough but geez, this is not playing it safe. Adams is probably not playing a ton of minutes in this lineup either, which is probably for the best. This team is playoff bound with health and if things are really clicking they stand pat at the deadline. If Jalen is hitting you get to trade FVV for a max. If Jalen fails you have his replacement ready and use him for whatever hole you need to fill.

It hurts to give up the Nets picks but this allows their tank to roll. I think this really benefits all three teams. Kings definitely agreeing to Monk for Bridges. Nets getting a bit of the short end but they get to tank and don't pick up bad money. Could be worse, they could do nothing and have Bridges leave in 2 years for nothing and the Suns never collapse.

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Well dang.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Strawberry Gum

[​IMG]

Goodbye sweet free agent.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

He did say his pockets were taking off

10. raining threes

Checkers vs Chess

11. raining threes

Giddey's better than what a lot of people think he is. I just wonder what the overall thinking in their FO is. What's the GM's vision of the final product. I've been thinking about this since I entered this thread and I still dont have an answer. That's a/the problem IMHO.

OremLK likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

OKC is looking for experienced players who can help them in the playoffs. They already have a lot of young and upcoming talent.

raining threes likes this.
  13. raining threes

Agreed, but what's Chicago's long term plan?

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm unsure about that.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don’t know if I missed it in the thread, but Iko says Rockets turned down Ingram after Pelicans offered. Thank god.

I can see them being interested in:

FVV and a pick
    Green
    Whitmore
    Amen

This is what I mean when I say our core is more valued than you think because of those two bizarre seasons under Silas.

saleem likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giddey reminds me of what the Bulls envisioned what a type of player Lonzo Ball was sans the shooting.

raining threes likes this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

During the season they were playing hardball and asking for two FRP for Caruso. This looks like a concession that are just going to have to tear it down. I’d expect LaVine to go, too. Everyone over 25 should be on the move.

If the Bulls are using this trade as a way to free up cap space to re-sign DeMar, they are too dumb to have a team.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Lavine’s contract is stupid. They will have to give up assets to unload him.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

They are on the mediocre tread mill. Even without Demar and Caruso and adding Giddy they will still compete for play-in. Lavine’s contract is 3 years 43M. Giddy ain’t great, but he is serviceable. Coby White, Donsumno, Vucevic are pretty decent as well. They are stuck with Lavine so their only way out is to trade a bunch of their own future picks for a semi-star like Mitchell and re-sign Patrick Williams. Like I said they are stuck on the mediocre train.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Plowman, Rudyc281, jch1911 and 2 others like this.