1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Nobody ****ing cares. Jesus...

Tomstro likes this.
  2. ac in austin

ac in austin Member

Apologies. I’ve been a witness to your sarcasm for 25 years. I’m not sure what getting over myself means. I have had enough of ungrateful fans that I’ve decided to lash out and call them shitheads.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Well...I post what is supposed to be a light-hearted image and suddenly you are defining my whole outlook on the Astros. No biggie. My humor doesn't always get through. I really do think they can turn it around if everyone gets on the same page. It just hasn't really happened yet for many reasons.

ac in austin likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

He did not. But Espada did finally show a spine the next half inning where he got himself ejected.

[​IMG]

13 in 33, Stephen66 and Fiah like this.
  5. ac in austin

ac in austin Member

My more general point is hardly any team in any sport wins every ****ing year. I know the nature of fandom and especially forum poster fandom. I’ve just had it with this forum. Bunch of ingrates. Even if this year turns into a complete shitshow doesn’t mean we need to trade guys that could win us a WS next year. Teams that win championships don’t trade core pieces. Ever. If the walk they walk. I do think Espada probably needs to go if we don’t make the playoffs. He’s been terrible.

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I'm calling a ClutchFans only meeting

lnchan, The Beard, ROCKSS and 6 others like this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

For the record, I've been consistently posting here since the '14 season (which matches my start date when I discovered ClutchFans). Astros lost 92 games that year. They weren't already ballin -- they still sucked.

I was quickly greeted by a certain group of pompous longer-term posters who acted like I didn't have any "right" to dare speak in "their" forum. Most of those guys still behave the same to this day, and it's shown through their actions.

I can guarantee nobody here is a bigger, *not only Astros* fan, but a HOUSTON than me. Some of you guys (regardless of start date) would prefer the Longhorns winning a championship before the Cougars -- or Rice for that matter. And that FACT is your right if you choose to, but those same posters could never say they're a bigger Houston fan than Houstunna. Spell it correctly next time.

I still "like" your post I quoted overall though.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

Jesus Christ stfu. Who made you the posting police? You have a problem w this dude take it up in DM but stop spamming the damn board. Nothing he said was offensive or even that uncommon.

9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Jesus Christ you know this team ****ing sucks when you have two pages worth of arguing who is the bigger fan…

lnchan, 13 in 33, Rock Block and 3 others like this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Let me know when ther's a OnlyFans clutch meeting

11. ac in austin

ac in austin Member

Well it’s me. I’m 400lbs

12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

NO

Logic

This situation isn't about ONE post -- it's the totality of posts that happened over time.

Go read @ac in austin 's post about it on the previous page.

There's a group of people who only say s*** when things are going bad. When things are good.... mum's the word.

Those guys are free to behave how they want, and I'm free to call-out the behavior.

13. Radricky

Radricky Member

Look at what the 2024 Astros have done to us

lnchan, Rock Block, RKREBORN and 7 others like this.
  14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

this-is-fine.gif

Everything is fine.

90 wins incoming

Uprising and Radricky like this.
  15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Sadly, it seems worse than what the 2011-13 Astros did to us. And those teams were terrible.

Uprising, Htown Stros and Radricky like this.
  16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The board was leagues less b****y then, not even close. Occasionally an "Astros fan for life" would pop in to make some snide disastros comment, but the few people actually posting semi regularly were mostly on board with the process and positive.

So many pictures of wheels flying off a vehicle..I had no idea there were so many variations

17. RussE

RussE Member

I’ve seen Altuve pissed before one time in the dugout. The ump blew the call. Jose was mad. Good for him.

Best to move on. It’s just a game played by millionaires. I’m glad the Astros have won a WS. That’s all I ever asked for.

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Jose gotta maintain .300 though. His current career average.307.

Bagwell (,297) dropped under .300 during his final 185 games. So many missed trivia questions and "only player to ___, ___, and ___" stats.

Damn. Glad he's in the HOF and hopefully Altuve follows.

#358 Houstunna, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    lnchan and ROCKSS like this.
  19. Elienator

Elienator Member

This is all moot because there doesn’t appear to be any indication the Astros are going to turn things around and win 2 out of every 3.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Must win the next 2 from chicago and gotta take 1 against Baltimore to make up for the loss to the white sox. Gotta take both from Colorado.

13 in 33 likes this.