1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep. This is the way. Also seems like Brown can draft well.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Half the rotation and lineup are basically riff raff ( Arrighetti, Hunter, Singleton, Meyers, McCormick, Cabbage, Dubon, Pena, Diaz ). Nobody is really to blame. It just is. The other half failed to launch ( Hader, Pressly, Bregman, Framber, and Verlander ). We can't win like that. It doesn't happen. The plan, run it back without most of the riff raff there to sink the ship, expect the all stars to get it back together, and see what happens. Add an ace though. buy that. Pena is fine. Diaz is a catcher so can't fix that. Blanco and Dubon earned a right to play, but could still be riff raff. And then if it doesn't work for a second time, start selling it off at end of 2025.

ROCKSS and Radricky like this.
  3. RussE

RussE Member

I think with all of the injuries it has secured Espada’s job until the season is over. Not enough pitching left to compete.

I think he’s gone after the season is over.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Altuve, our rock solid, is getting frustrated. If he becomes emotional, the clubhouse could be lost. Crane needs to let Espada go and bring in a veteran manager.

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

You never really see that from Altuve. Good. They should all be frustrated!

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Astros start losing, then Keith from Kemah's post-count goes from 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds.

Astros win championships, Kemah has a drought.

You are free to be a fan anyway you choose.

And I'm free to interject when I deem necessary. Vice versa too.

Picsart_24-06-19_10-08-30-735.jpg

everyday eddie and Jake Tower like this.
  7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Anyone would have gone Bryce Haprper on Angel Hernandez with the balls strikes calls Altuve was getting. Manfraud ordered the code red.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Bro.
    I'm trying to figure out what your reasoning is for perpetuating this narrative you have built up.
    and brining me up yet again. Is there something you are trying to prove or need to get off your chest?

If you look at my join date to this board it is 2018. The thread you are referencing is from 2017.
    I was on a different talkboard. Now go look through the Astros win in 2022 thread.

I have never had a beef with anyone on this board until now.

You say my posts have gone from 0 to 60 in no time.
    If some rando was coming at you about your fandom and dedication to this team, I suspect you would respond and defend yourself.
    So as much as you want to twist things to fit your narrative, please feel free to do so.

#328 Kemahkeith, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    marks0223 likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

The thread was from '22. Did your mommy tell you to lie?

If a random fan (or anyone) came at me.. that's fine -- but they must come with logic... not stupidity like the inability to read basic dates on a link I posted directly to them.

Your posts have gone from 0 to 60 real quick once the Astros started losing.

Be the fan you want to be, just like anyone else will be. And I will respond accordingly.

10. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

In 2022 I was so emotional with the thought of a dynasty I couldn't stop crying.
    Didn't want to short out my laptop with all the tears.

Does that work for you.

I'm off work today because of the holiday, so I checked the threads around the time you mentioned.
    Be sure and try to discount my posts in the Seattle and NY series threads. You know the threads during the actual game instead of waxing philosophically to all on this board that shared the same feelings.
    Those who posted shared my feelings. I did not feel a reason to post, but rather to read and smile.

I'm sorry it bothers you so much I didn't regurgitate the sentiments that so many were sharing.
    My happiness was shared with my wife, my son, my family back in Texas, my good friends that I shared so many bad seasons with between the Astros and the Oilers.

Bro you can keep this narrative of yours rolling as long as you like. But those who have read my posts over the last 8 years know who I am, and to keep trying to defend myself to a person I don't even know makes me feel bad about myself and this board.

#330 Kemahkeith, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    lnchan likes this.
  11. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

You are a serial complainer. 6 years on this board means ****. Houstanna is a newbie to me. The Astros have given this city one of the greatest runs of success in modern sports history and most the mother ****ers on this board think Jeff Bagwell sucks and Jim Crane is a moron. It’s ****ing exhausting to read cry babies b**** every day. I almost want us to suck again so all you b****es leave. You might have endured shitty Astro baseball but you didn’t post about on this board 20 years ago. But I have been reading the good posters on this board for that long. I understand the nature of a BBS and the internet in general…but **** all you that b**** constantly about Crane or this team.

Houstunna and Jake Tower like this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Geez people get a ****ing grip

lnchan and Jake Tower like this.
  13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Back to baseball….

we suck

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Did Altuve yell at Espada? I can’t find anything about it because of the women arguing on here.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Starting to mentally check out of this season myself. Last night should have been peak aggravation, but meh. I still think the core of a 95 win team is in there for this season and next, but sometimes for a variety of reasons seasons just go south of expectations.

Honestly if the team doesn't get back on track by the deadline, I wouldn't mind a few months of expectationless ball with younger players. I kind of miss being able to be happy about any success. World Series or bust is tough, highest of highs is more than worth it...but still tough in its own way.

ROCKSS, RKREBORN, ryan_98 and 2 others like this.
  17. Surfguy

I blame Lance McCullers. Sick of waiting on "his return". When is "the return" on our damn investment?

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Mommy didn't have enough Kleenex for you to post about winning a championship.

Convenient

19. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

Fine Surfguy. Mock the Astros for being capable of doing it. Or me for thinking they are capable. I got not problem with being ride or die with Altuve and Crane. I think fans that b**** about one of the greatest teams in modern sports history suck. If I ever meet anyone in public that b****es about Ryan Pressley…I’ll **** your girlfriend.

Houstunna likes this.
  20. Surfguy

It's mocking me since I'm the angry toddler. Get over yourself.