1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2023 College Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Buck Turgidson, Aug 31, 2023.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I read that too. The SEC is hell bent on burning all of it down.

2. MadMax

I totally understand that. I don’t mean to suggest everyone should feel the way I do about it.

3. Buck Turgidson

...and he wants to take away the automatic qualifier from some of the small conferences to do it.

4. MadMax

Real Palpatine energy

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IIRC, he implied it's an "either or" situation. To guarantee more SEC teams, he said either grow the field or cut the automatic qualifiers.

His argument is based on assuming the SEC will become dominant in basketball as well as football because of the increasingly ridiculous revenue disparity between it and everyone else (besides the B1G). As the years accumulate, I agree this will happen.

IMO, the revenue disparity will bleed into other sports besides basketball and profoundly affect them.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. MadMax

@Ziggy I quit…no really, I’m just about done with all of it…thought of you immediately when I read this…still need to work out that CityCentre drink sometime :)

Ziggy likes this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Get out your popcorn. There is now so much more to watch than just the football games and this new show doesn't have an offseason.

8. MadMax

Over the last couple of seasons I’ve watched way less CFB. Not interested in watching the dancing over its grave. I don’t find any of that interesting, but I’m sad because I feel like I lost something, and I think it’s only gonna get worse.

A_3PO likes this.