1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember a time when Ted Cruz actually spoke the truth. Yeah, back in the day before the orange man was ever elected President. He was right when he said Trump was a “pathological liar,” a “sniveling coward,” and a “serial philanderer.” Yep. Trump hasn't changed, but Cruz lost his spine and integrity. He's embraced the MAGA propaganda and lies spewing, and the boot kissing of the psychopath himself.

Ted Cruz’s Totally Outrageous “Proof” That the KKK Loves Democrats

Cruz wrote boastfully on X, “Democrats founded the Klan … and now the Klan is backing the Democrats.”

Cruz would probably dislike it if you learned about the Southern Strategy, a successful effort most famously deployed by the Nixon campaign to pull white racists—including members of the KKK—from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party in the wake of the Civil Rights Movement.

Duke, moreover, isn’t pro-Palestine. He’s anti-Jew, anti-LGBTQ, anti-Black, and anti-Muslim—and he took credit for the rise of Donald Trump. His stance is legitimately antisemitic and virulently racist to everyone except for the same white, Christian, cisgender, heterosexual men to whom Cruz also endeavors to appeal.

https://newrepublic.com/post/182815/ted-cruz-david-duke-kkk-democrats-israel-palestine

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ted Cruz IVF protection bill looks like a shortcut to Texas cutting Medicaid.

astros123 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

It was more or less around the time he was a senior in HS.

Since then, not so much.

ROCKSS, B-Bob and rocketsjudoka like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Was that when his dad was assassinating presidents?

JuanValdez and ROCKSS like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

No plural. His dad only killed one of them.

Allegedly.

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL, probably right, but I do agree with his earlier characterization of Trump. I would have definitely added psychopath to the list though.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Take note on when the maga house ethics committee started this...

8. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

It will be on YouTube Thursday

9. NewRoxFan

trump must really have embarrassing pictures of her...

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you can see how soulless and broken he is...and also that he knows it.

he correctly called out trump for inciting an insurrection on 1/6 and a couple days later got threatened at the airport by a bunch of trump cultists and quickly changed his tune. everything he does now is out of fear.

its even more senseless and pathetic when you consider that the people he is trying to appease hate him. remember a few months ago he gave some speech with trump standing next to him while he pathetically wore a mar-a-lago golf shirt and the cult still booed him.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I often wonder how Lindsey Graham can look in the mirror every day. This is the man who’s best friend and mentor in the Senate was John McCain and also the same man who said this about Joe Biden.

Rashmon, MadMax, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Some of his grandkids, anyway.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

"Any Democrat, any person from the mainstream media and anyone that wants to continue to shame us for January 6th can go to hell"

- Margorie Taylor Greene Turning Point Action Conference Detroit

Screenshot_20240619-072616.png

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I haven't read the bill but I'm sincerely curious why Texas would cut Medicaid when corporations make billions working with it.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

17. NewRoxFan

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

19. NewRoxFan

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

As a Christian/JesusFreak/Whatever and also a citizen of the United States, i can’t begin to tell you how much this bothers me.

On the Jesus Freak side:
    1. You’ve made an idol of the Ten Commandments…
    2. Bothers me a ton that kids from completely different faith traditions first intro to Jesus is a government imposed introduction to “thou shalt have no other gods but me” and “thou shalt not commit adultery” to elementary age kids….what the actual ****!!! This part kills me as a believer…just kills me
    3.When religious leaders wanted to condemn the UnClEaN, Jesus got in the way…he called them serpents…his toughest judgment was reserved EXACTLY for people just like this that want to lord morality over everyone…
    4. It breaks my heart that a kid would feel like they’re an alien or outsider because someone else’s religious rules are posted at the school they’re required to attend….I’ll continue this again in the American Lawyer spot below…but that’s not of Jesus at all…not even a little bit
    5. This is just about showing you can and trying to fight. Your Governor said “I can’t wait till you sue me.” Again, there’s ZERO Jesus in any of that. You’re worshipping idols and not loving your neighbor as you do yourself…please stop, because it makes it so much harder for me to actually genuinely share my faith with people when this is the precondition

On the American and also a lawyer side:
    1. It’s 10000% establishment of a religion to FORCE (not merely allow….FORCE) a public institution supported by public dollars from ALL OF US (Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Atheist, Agnostic, Wiccan, Loki Worshipper etc)…to post the “rules” of a particular faith tradition. I can’t sincerely imagine arguing otherwise with a straight face. If cHrIstIaNs can do it, then so can Witches and Pagans…you’ll love that! I actually hope they do just to make the damn point. WE ARE NOT A THEOCRACY!!!! Stop it!!
    2. It breaks my heart that a kid would feel like they’re an alien or outsider because someone else’s religious rules are posted at the school they’re required to attend…that’s not who we are as Americans

arkoe, Rashmon and No Worries like this.