1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2024 NBA Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, May 3, 2024.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I know it's early on this, but I thought this was hilarious on where Tobias Harris is going to go...

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

sirjesse likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

damn imagine having ranchero wrecking havoc inside and midrange and then secksy suggs mad facilitating and klay shooting bricks from the arc

Salvy likes this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Klay on the Magic is such a great match. I wonder how much he'll get?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Suns Intend To Keep Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal

The Phoenix Suns' disappointing first round performance against the Minnesota Timberwolves has led to some speculation that they may have to break up their superstar duo of Kevin Durant and Devin Booker in order to field a more balanced roster.

"Do people in the league say that?" said Brian Windhorst on The Rich Eisen Show. "Yes, they do. I talk to multiple people who think that's what they're going to have to do that. Do the Suns say that? No, they do not.

"I think the Suns' intention is to keep all three of these star players. Tweak the roster, tweak some of their systems and processes and try to be better next year."

Windhorst also stressed how Durant spoke about how the Suns could benefit from continuity.

The Suns have also yet to publicly decide the future of Frank Vogel as head coach.

sirjesse likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

sirjesse likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

sirjesse likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

and Steve Francis dunking from the free throw line...

Jontro likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

While I can't read his mind, I doubt PG had much interest in leaving LA. Sixers probably concluded they were just leverage for PG against the Clippers.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Another Presti masterclass

Reeko likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Morey finally learning from his past mistakes of being used.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

if the Pistons actually try and sign Tobias Harris of all people, the league has gotta step in because this is just getting sad atp

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I think PG's mother is ill & lives in Cali. Doubtful he leaves the West Coast

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

PG wants to be paid like a max player, but doesn’t want any of the responsibilities of being a max guy

funny how PG was significantly worse than Harden in this year’s playoffs and is still the worse player in general by being the same age, but could get max money while Harden will get nowhere close

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul George Likely To Opt In And Request Trade If Changing Teams

Speaking on ESPN's Get Up, NBA insider Brian Windhorst said Paul George and the LA Clippers could be headed for a breakup. The Clippers haven't budged off their offer to George, and the All-Star wing doesn't seem inclined to accept it.

Windhorst said that the focus shouldn't just be on cap space teams for George as a free agent. Instead, he said it's more likely that George will opt in and request a trade, if he's changing teams this offseason. That would increase the pool of teams that could acquire the veteran wing, beyond just the handful of cap space teams this summer.

The Clippers also reportedly don't believe that George wants to leave Los Angeles. They are believed to have offered a similar deal to the three-year, below-max extension that Kawhi Leonard signed with the team during last season.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Clippers need to blow up the team
    George doesn't have the heart . . . he is a #2 maybe #3 guy
    Kwahi is too injury prone and unreliable
    Harden is past his prime and cannot do what he use to
    Westbrook is too unpredictable

Too much money tied up in those players

Rocket River

20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The Clippers should blow it up but with the new arena opening I think they run it back at least this year. I am not sure they will run it back anytime soon because they have no picks until the 22nd century.