1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ime Udoka...GOAT coach??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Can
    Can you have 2? It’s up to Jalen or his replacement, not Brooks playing over Amen. Anyway we can just agree to disagree and see how it plays out. Ime and the Rockets have way more information on how the off-season workouts are going. I’m pretty sure all of Jalen, Sengun, and Amen are working on their outside shots. I think there is a much better chance that Brooks 3 pt shot regresses than Amen’s not improving (of course he needs a lot of improving just to get to 30%).

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If we are content merely making the play-in. Maybe a first round playoff appearance. But if we want to graduate to ring contender, I would say only 1.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We would have to make a huge trade to be a contender this year. The 6th seed is a worthy goal this year. It is also a lofty goal unless several teams have huge injuries. 7 or 8 seed would be above expectations and 9 or 10th seed would be satisfactory. Rome wasn’t built in a day. If there were real difference makers available in trades (Bridges ain’t enough) then sixth seed would be in our reach this year, but I sure wouldn’t give up any more than one of our core not named Sengun or Amen for it and probably not Jabari.

topfive likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My guess is we get the 8th or 9th seed this coming year with the guys we have.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree and that would be satisfactory progress. 2025 is the year, I expect we make a push for 6th seed or better.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Average CF poster: Damn the future, BUILD ROME NOW!!