1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[3rd pick] Who do you want?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 12, 2024.

?

Who do you want with the 3rd pick?

This poll will close on Jun 26, 2024 at 2:52 PM.
  1. Trade the pick

18.3%
  2. Zaccharie Risacher

8.9%
  3. Stephon Castle

1.8%
  4. Donovan Clingan

9.1%
  5. Zach Edey

3.4%
  6. Matas Buzelis

2.1%
  7. Rob Dillingham

4.5%
  8. Reed Sheppard

43.0%
  9. Nikola Topić

7.8%
  10. Dalton Knecht

1.1%
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Risacher can fall down to 4. He's clearly not that good. I still have Saar at 1. ZR 's best chance imo is to be picked by the Wizards. My gut feeling tells me ZR won't be selected by the Rockets.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I feel like ZR is for sure going to be a good shooter and good defender in the NBA, but I see a pure 3&D role player. He’s not gonna put the ball on the floor and create. Very Similar to Bari that way. And I like him as an NBA 3. But Tari and Cam have as much if not more upside at the same position because they can actually create.

To me it’s unclear if ZR will be a better nba player than Castle, Sheppard or Clingan. But I do think he’s worth the #3 pick in this draft because of his elite shooting, size and 2-way ability. I trust our scouts to get the best player out of those 4. If Sarr is still there at #3 I think the rockets run to the podium.

csnerd84 likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Can't believe we're less than 10 days away!

cml750 likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And the NBA Finals is still about a couple of months away from wrapping up!

htownrox1, jim1961, evo8lover and 4 others like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The NBA really needs a way to make the playoffs shorter.

Dear Lord do they drag it out. Best of 7 with 2 day rests between games is absurd.

Either make it best of 5 or have one day rests between games.

No Worries, evo8lover, MadMax and 2 others like this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

we’ll know when the pin is pulled; I am hopeful of being thankful.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

the consensus is
    that there’s
    no concensus

Hence, I suspect trades on that Wednesday will be consummated after he who is desired elsewhere gets selected.

saleem likes this.
  10. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Brutal

Shark44 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-m...est-projections-for-every-pick-142340610.html

French wing Zaccharie Risacher and French center Alex Sarr are still projected at the top as options for Atlanta, but UConn center Donovan Clingan has entered the mix, with the Hawks strongly considering the 7-foot-2 center at No. 1. This could end up being similar to the 2022 NBA Draft where Jabari Smith Jr. was projected as the No. 1 pick leading up the draft and the Orlando Magic selected Paolo Banchero on draft night.

There is also a pair of guards rising into the lottery with both Providence's Devin Carter and Pittsburgh's Carlton Carrington working out well for teams.

1. Atlanta Hawks: Zaccharie Risacher, G/F

2. Washington Wizards: Alex Sarr, C

3. Houston Rockets: Donovan Clingan, C (“Clingan limited his in-person workouts to only the teams at the top half of the lottery. He's a player the Hawks are considering at No. 1, but if Clingan is here at No. 3, the Rockets would be smart to either: take him and add some size in the paint, after seeing what Minnesota is building in the Western Conference playing three 7-footers at times; or leverage him as the next-best prospect and entertain offers from other teams looking to trade up. Chicago and Memphis are among the teams interested in Clingan.”)

4. San Antonio Spurs: Stephon Castle, G (“The 19-year-old is gaining momentum as one of the favorite guards in this class and will likely be the first point guard off the board.”)

5. Detroit Pistons: Matas Buzelis, F (“His draft range is anywhere from 5-10, with the Pistons likely considering Buzelis, Cody Williams or Tidjane Salaun to add length along the perimeter.”)

6. Charlotte Hornets, Reed Sheppard, G (“Sheppard's role in the NBA will likely be more as a combo guard, and he can obviously space the floor well with his 3-point shot, shooting over 50% from deep during his one year at Kentucky. He's probably on the board for the Spurs at No. 4, but likely won't fall past the Hornets.”)

7. Portland Trail Blazers: Cody Williams, F

8. San Antonio Spurs: Tidjane Salaun, G/F

9. Memphis Grizzlies: Dalton Knecht, G

10. Utah Jazz: Devin Carter, G

11. Chicago Bulls: Kel'el Ware, C

12: Oklahoma City Thunder: Ja'Kobe Walter, G

13. Sacramento Kings: Carlton "Bub" Carrington, G

14. Portland Trail Blazers: Kyshawn George, G/F

15. Miami Heat: Jared McCain, G

16. Philadelphia 76ers: Rob Dillingham, G

17. Los Angeles Lakers: Ron Holland, G/F (“Holland could stay inside the lottery with Utah at 10 and Portland at 14 being possible landing spots.”)

18. Orlando Magic: Nikola Topić, G

44. Houston Rockets: Harrison Ingram, G/F | Ht./Wt.: 6-7, 233 pounds | Class: Junior | North Carolina

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

POST OF THE DAY

Easy and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't know about this Caruso guy. He seems a bit old for our team. I'm also guessing he doesn't have much vertical. Helluva singer though.

[​IMG]

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not a season ticket holder but if we don't acquire this guy I'm cancelling my season tickets and never looking back.

rimrocker and htownrox1 like this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Risacher has flashed a bit more creation than I think people realize. I think he'll be better in that area than Jabari. What his actual upside as a creator is, it's kind of hard to say because he's been asked to do it so little by his team.

Aruba77 likes this.
  16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TheJet, MadMax and sirjesse like this.
  18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Risacher is a nice player but he is not as talented as Jabari. Risacher is 6’10, who can shoot, moves well laterally to play defense and kinda physical. He is not a perimeter defender as Jabari or can get 8 rebounds per game…..Risacher likes to play outside and not inside the paint…he is not a rebounder. Risacher and Jabari shoots the same, the handles or the same but Jabari has his turn-around-jumper. If Risacher was in the 2022 nba draft he could be picked in the lottery….there is not doubt I would take Tari Eason. Tari is a good shooter, rebounder and a good on-ball defender.

we need to draft Clingan or Reed

MadMax likes this.
  19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Lol... Caruso throws bricks alright..:cool:

Digressing:
    I'm not in favor of trading the pick unless it has to be included in a package for a legit star!! There I said it...

Go Rockets!!!

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member