1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Unofficial Official Offseason Thread (2024)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tuckmose, Jan 20, 2024.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This reel makes Trevor look so bad.

Oh well, I still like him and I'm happy the Jags overpaid. I knew in college he was not a generational NFL prospect. That label never should have been put on him. He peaked as a freshman.

3. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

nvm

Attached Files:

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The cap has increased from $155M to 255M (65%) over the same period so QBs are even exceeding the NFL salary "inflation" rate by 35% since 2016.

jch1911 likes this.
  6. kaw1988

kaw1988 Member

2 mins, but this is pretty hilarious

Blatz likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. Qan

Qan Member

Damn Megan Thee Stallion looking better and better every picture I see.

houstonstime, Commodore and jch1911 like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

The last two off seasons we have won Free agency and we won the draft in 2023. We are better because we have acquired both better starters AND even more importantly a higher quality of depth to back up the starters.

This season we took several extreme high ceiling/low floor chances so I expect a few to fail and a few to hit. But just remember how well they adjusted to having at least 17 OL on the payroll at one point during the season. That's beyond freaky and I do not anticipate the same this season.

But the biggest change which most fear is defense. I, for one, believe this will be as surprising a strength as the offense was last year.

Blatz likes this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

not to nit pick, but that's not the 'entire starting OL'. Shaq Mason played

jch1911 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

These are the questions I would love to hear asked and answered by Frank Ross.

Do you anticipate some surprises with our game plans for kickoffs under the new kickoff rules or will it be simply adaptation of XFL kickoffs in the last two years?

What do you think of your own opportunity to three-peat with the Special Teams Championship when you hear about KCs three-peat chances?

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If I'd seen his picture a year ago, I'd have guessed he was a model for those cheap romance novels popular in the late 70s and early 80s.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Culture is an over-used term and good culture is something every company has adopted in speak.

Whether it actually is something a company has, is largely dependent on who runs the company.

All it takes is one bad apple to turn everything into a **** show and the Texans to take a turn for the worse.

Houston is extremely lucky. I am a huge fan of Nick. HUGE. He is an incredible human whose mindset is unmatched. The guy through actions is super humble and borderline ego less.

Example 1- Nick is made fun of publicly by Steven Nelson. Did Nick kick him off the team, like many many GM's would. No, he talked to him, got to understand Steven and why he was upset and put the team first over his own personal feelings. It was a great move by Nick that is largely overlooked.

Example 2- Round 3 of the 2023 draft. Nick Caserio calls up his franchise QB, and ask him who he wants/likes throwing too. CJ wants Tank Dell. The Texans go out and pick Tank Dell. People forget that Tank looked liked our Number 1 receiver pre injury as he was putting up consistently bigger games. What did Nick do? He put his ego out the door and chose to embolden his franchise QB/chemistry.

There are other examples, one of which include choosing Demeco Ryan's which feels like it could have been helped by the McNairs, but either way the team is set up for the long term.

Its so so important to have talented players, but also great leaders who can communicate effectively when things are going south or be able to sift through issues by talking through shallow complaints to get to the bigger issue.

The Astros should take note.

AJ Hinch and Dusty were both great at it.

Joe Espada, not so much.

Have a great week everyone.

raining threes and cmlmel77 like this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

Damn!!

[​IMG]

Commodore and red5rocket like this.
  17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

In the same vein, Ogumbawali was a CB before he was a RB or emergency Kicker. He seem like a perfect candidate to kick off with the premium on kicking it between 45 and 65 yards which appears to be his natural length. Combine that with the kicker playing the only true safety depth and his experience as a CB, he just seems to be a perfect fit for this new hybrid kicker.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Uprising likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1479 J.R., Jun 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
    Blatz likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member