1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Case to Draft Reed Sheppard at #3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, May 20, 2024.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure people watched the same amount of games. It's obvious that you have different criteria to give up on a player compared to others and that is where the point of contention is.

2. fchowd0311

The main thing I ask for is people who are confident in giving up on a Rocket like Jalen is if he is kept and does reach expectations next season, to not enjoy his success on this message board. Be principled. I mean I would hope it would take a minimum amount of self awareness to realize how bad of a look it would be to latch on to the bandwagon after having multiple novels worth of content trashing the kid.

I'm assuming you guys have irl buddies to enjoy the fandom with where you don't have to ignore your dissertation on why Jalen sucks and pretend that never happened. enjoy the fandom there.

Don't be front running b****es.

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Especially the guys who've made it almost entirely non-basketball related, or the DD types where it's just a ridiculous agenda to prop up a garbage human. I feel like if he breaks out, the only right thing is to point out how much of an idiot they were every single time they try and post any kind of positive tbh.

kpdark and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're the one with the weird emotional attachment, normal people can criticize him when he's awful and compliment him when.... well, if, he's ever good.

Sure you can claim to be the true believer who was still lying about his performance even when it was dogshit, and no one will take that away from you, but normal people don't act like that.

5. fchowd0311

There will be an army of petty bastards like me with signature lengths nearing the maximum full of lovely quotes about how trash Jalen is.

topfive, Dobbizzle and kpdark like this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is really really weird. Be principled? Lol. Why would I not enjoy success for the team I root for? Because I was wrong about a player?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, not even being wrong.... he's upset if you were honest about the player when they were bad.

Apparently he thinks if you're honest when a player is bad, you have to be dishonest about it if they ever improve.... or something like that.

Cultists are weird.

8. fchowd0311

Wrong about a player?

There are posters like @Nook who are skeptical of Green with leveled criticism and then there are dudes who spent 4 hours a day trashing Green and 5 minutes rooting for the Rockets.

If you make it your raison d'etre to trash Green here, then ya be principled leave the fandom if Green becomes a long term staple of this franchise because it is obviously something you were vehemently against to the point of expressing hatred for one of our own.

topfive likes this.
  9. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Yeah, wrong about a player. That's what you said in your first post, the one I quoted - people who are confident in giving up on Jalen should stand on some "principle" (???) and not enjoy his success. I just don't think he's very good. I'd feel pretty good about it if the rockets got rid of him. There's no principle to stand on here, just my worthless basketball opinion. I'll also root for him if he stays on the team and I'll be happy if he's good. I think this is a pretty normal thought process.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Garbage human? Judge not lest ye be judged my man, calm your t*** down.

DD

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The "much higher chance" is undetermined. Think about this. What's more important for us. Castle who can't shoot or Sheppard who is 6'2?

We already have a better version of Castle who can't shoot. His name is Amen Thompson.

We have a shorty who can shoot and has been one of the most important players on our roster. But he is not going to be here for long. His name is Fred VanVleet.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. fchowd0311

IF you don't think he has shown the promise to be a future star for this franchise don't celebrate like you are surprised if it does happen.

I don't pay attention to your posting history.. I don't know if you are one of those who just trash the kid at every corner or just has leveled criticism of him so its hard to diagnose what you should do. If it's the former then ya be principled and don't come back here. I don't have a photographic memory of posters and their content outside of a few prolific dudes like bobby or New Age who constantly trash him.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, **** that. I haven't ever done ANYTHING like KPJ, because I'm not an abusive trash ass person. Don't even ****ing try and cast those aspersions on me, you're the one who's ride or die for abusers like that, not ****ing me.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yikes...I certainly didn't think it before but thou doth protest too much, methinks

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Closing in on page 100. Let's maybe get back on Reed.

If no new opinions, folks can take a break on this lovely Sunday.

16. harold bingo

Supporting Member

No, I'm still going to celebrate if that happens. I'm allowed to be wrong. I still don't get what principle you're referring to.

17. fchowd0311

I can't force you to do anything. I'm expressing what I believe is the principled position. Obviously you don't have to value what I say.

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nope, if somebody's going to cast aspersions on me and compare me to the woman abuser they vehemently promoted over everybody else on the roster, I'm not going to be told not to tell that person to go **** themselves with a rusty breadknife.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wants the non-believers to burn in a lake of fire for all of eternity for failure to properly worship his chosen idol. That's what he's talking about.

20. harold bingo

Supporting Member

I'm still not clear on what principle you're referring to. The only principle I have is I want the rockets to win a championship. For example, I always thought Westbrook sucked and was mad when they traded for him, but I still wanted them to win once he got here. I still would've been happy if it worked out. I think moving on from Jalen is the best way forward. And I could be wrong, that's fine, I'm wrong all the time. I don't understand why I wouldn't celebrate if he worked out.