1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Racism & Fear Mongering About Immigrant Crime

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Feb 29, 2024.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not my party.

2. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Odd. You never bash orange Jesus, bit you are always bashing Biden. If the GOP isn't your party you sure are a shill for them.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And there you have it. Anytime an immigrant commits a crime it’s justification to fear all
    Immigrants.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  5. basso

Supporting Member

bashing biden makes one a shill for trump?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

No. Bashing Biden and never bashing Trump makes one a shill for Trump. Keep it up. You're doing great.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup. No one will calls me a shill for Trump. And I bash Biden quite often. Funny how that works.

Xopher likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nope. Not all of them.

Just the ones who are statistically significantly more prone to committing these types of crimes.

basso likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Ya... It's the same logic to be racist towards African Americans. It's the same logic to perpetuate anti-semetic tropes of how the Jews control the banking system.

Statistics and data can confirm a lot of bigotry when context is stripped. You are a walking embodiment to that.

Xopher likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet, we have guys like this all over our country who the right wing never post about. He's not Muslim enough I guess.

Screenshot_20240616-164553.png

11. basso

Supporting Member

would.jpeg

Salvy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's a crime the government directly is responsible for because they let the person in. We already have enough criminals. All additional residents should be vetted and the government held responsible for the consequences.

basso likes this.
  13. Bandwagoner

you are right we already have enough criminals. Let's shoot for zero immigration and sort out our own house first.

14. fchowd0311

Does adding immigrants show any data that implies an increase in rates of crime?

So if you don't want to imply racism here that logically implies you believe America shouldn't increase population internally through birth rates.

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/countries/USA/united-states/birth-rate#:~:text=The current birth rate for,a 0.09% increase from 2021.

America's birth rate has decreased from around 25 per 1000 people in 1950 to around 10 per 1000 people today.

I don't know your exact ideology on population growth but if you are a capitalist I'm assuming you believe declined birth rates in developed countries is a sign of a downturn in economic growth which is bad for the future of our current economic system.

So you are for a slowdown in economic growth?

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, now that's a racist take. I am not against strict vetting of immigrants, and lowering the amount of people we bring in. I'm also not on board ignorant or racist comments that people make, including the psycho orange man and his MAGA clan, that immigrants are all criminals are violent people. That's simple not true, and crime statistics back that up, whether you choose to believe it or not.

As for MAGA madness, their solution is to round 'em all up, remove them from our country, and build a bigger wall. Then, the idiots think that loosening gun laws, eliminating gun loopholes, fighting against stricter background checks, allowing bump stocks, fighting against gun safety class requirements, and letting teens carry AR-15's, makes us safer. Not buying the BS.

There are too many druggies, alcohol abusers, people with anger issues, and mentally ill people in this country able to buy guns legally, simply because they lied on the form, haven't been arrested yet, or put in a mental healthcare facility. There are far too many handguns in this country, and far too many dangerous and sick people carrying them around. I also don't believe in citizens legally carrying around guns meant to kill mass people quickly, like an AR-15. It's like 3rd world country mentality. Barbaric and dangerous.

17. Bandwagoner

Where did I mention race?

18. fchowd0311

It would be implied only if you are afraid of the birth rate decline in America AND are anti-immigration as those two things only can be meshed together through racism.

I don't know what your thoughts are on the immense birthday rate decline in America post WW2.

If your premise is purely "we need less people so we can solve our current problems" and were consistent about it even when it comes to domestic birth rates then it wouldn't be racism. It just would be Malthusian.

19. Bandwagoner

I said all immigrants indiscriminately. That is by definition, not discrimination or racist.

20. fchowd0311

"By definition". What does this mean?

We all understand how language works. There always are implications. How many racists are proud to openly admitted they are racist? Of course most racists will say platitudes about making blanket statements about all immigrants but I'm sure if I pushed he topic enough I'd see patterns in your presence for which type of immigrants are better and there most likely would be a racial component.

Let's not be coy here. It's very simple. Do you have concerns about he birth rate decline in America?

If you do and at the same time fear and increased another by of immigrants "increasing crime" then it's obvious that your fear of crime isn't based on just the mere concept of "more people, more crime". Then it's pretty obvious the fear of immigrants is not based in that but based in the perceived inferior traits of migrants.

mdrowe00 likes this.