1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Jalen Green+#3+Jock+Tate+Future FRP that has protection on both sides (meaning we give up our next FRP that is b/w 14-18 for Trae and Griffin is interesting to me.

Sengun/Adams
    Smith/Jalen Smith (MLE)
    Amen/Tari
    Young
    FVV

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What on gods earth are you talking about, Ime Udoka is not giving up Green, #3 AND a future pick for Trae and a throw in that you didn’t even include in the rotation.

All to end up with the worst shooting team in the entire NBA with no chance of being a great defensive team. Dead end and lost 3 picks. Why did we ever rebuild? We could’ve run it back with Harden for these results.

You guys are forgetting what it takes to get a great pick. Each pick is a year of all of y’all whining incessantly about losing. You traded 3 years worth of those. For Trae young who - if he could do what you’re saying - wouldn’t even be getting traded. He can’t play next to a two way guy who can score and playmake and hit 3’s. This is not some plug n play superstar. Bud and Snyder have both tried and those are elite coaches.

Just wait guys. A better player will pop up as they always do.

#2362 Mathloom, Jun 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think Ime would quit if the FO forced Trae on him. I’m not convinced on Jalen, but I’d rather have him than that no defense playing chucker. There is a reason Atlanta is trying to un-load him.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'll bet the Doncic for Hobo Hair Trae trade is killing the Hawks management right now.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

What do you guys think? #3, Tate, Brooks for #15 and Herro

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I was processing the trade to see if it would be good or not and then read this comment…

slap ya in the face dose of reality right here and I agree lol

Mathloom likes this.
  7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but I think Reed has potential to be as good as hero and a lot cheaper for longer

Shark44 and Corrosion like this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Would rather just draft Reed at 3.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Just seems to me that Herro is pretty much what most people think Sheppard will be and he provides much better insurance if Jalen fails. We could use #15 on Salaun, Edey or another flyer. You are right about the money, but we still have a few years and a couple of most likely lottery picks to address that. Brooks almost sets off Herro’s contract. Not to mention that Herro will also be an expiring contract by the time we are worried about it. His shooting will always be attractive to contenders at the deadline. Herro is what he is, Sheppard has much more potential. It just comes down to what the Rockets timeline is to become contenders. Herro gives them a better chance over the next couple of years.

10. sydmill

sydmill Member

#3 + Tate to Portland for #7, Thybulle and Rayan Rupert. Draft a falling Shephard after Portland moved up for Clingan. Backcourt shored up.

11. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Hawks will move Murray over Trae and Coach Bud never coached Trae (Lloyd Pierce was his first coach) and Snyder has for not even a full season considering Trae got hurt. Trae and FVV are terrible fit together though.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Missi looks like Dalembert meets Clint Capela.

13. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

We’re not ready to lose Brooks unless we get a wing defender, which is why he gets thrown in the Bridges trade proposals. Take away Brooks and I do it.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I live in Portland and am constantly thinking of trades we could make with them, and while I don’t think Sheppard falls to #7, I trust our scouts and analysts to find a great player there.

the problem is that Portland is rebuilding so they aren’t gonna give up unprotected picks in the next few years. They might be willing to give up picks in 2029/2030. Simmons is on a good contract and I think try ultimately have to move him Scoot and Shaden there. Brogdon is a 1yr rental that they need to get something for before he leaves.

I don’t think Simmons is an Ime-type player, and I wish he was taller, but he’s an excellent shooter and offensive player. If he’s coming off the bench he’s the 6th man of the year. Simmons, Brogdon and #7 might do it. But we probably can’t add those guys and avoid a minutes crunch for our core prospects. If we are moving Jalen in a bigger deal then adding Simmons and Brogdon would be nice.

#2374 Aruba77, Jun 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
  15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You are probably right. Although this is kind of with the assumption that Ime signs off on this hypothetical and feels like it could work.

I like Jalen but I’m also worried about investing bog money if he plays (shoots) just well enough to earn it in a contract year.

Mostly, Id like to upgrade to a Mitchell/Young. I think we are ready to win.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Bidding war for the #3 pick. Let's do it.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Amen is the best defender on the team. He is much better than Brooks.

theDude likes this.
  19. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen’s defensive abilities do make Brooks expendable. Unfortunately, with three years left on his contract, I think you’d have to attach assets to move him. His contract is not crippling for us, so I’d rather just keep him and reduce his minutes or eventually move him to the bench. He certainly shouldn’t be blocking anyone.

jch1911 likes this.
  20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I don’t think Brooks contract is as bad as we make it.

first, one year down… 3 to go

second, he did get votes for all-defense

third, he can hit a 3 (36% this season)

fourth, salary cap going up every year.

I think certain teams would take on his contract and not bat an eye (e.g Raptors, Magic, Bulls).

I think he was signed to that contract in order to be filler for a trade ; he knows it and Stone knows it. (Hence the 4 years originally)

theDude likes this.