1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. fattz

fattz Member

where are Grant’s minutes coming from? We need to open the rotation for growth and development. To possibly better long term players. We are stacked deep at the forwards.

pass on this one.

saleem, Mathloom and MadMax94$ like this.
  2. theDude

theDude Member

I think if Tari is healthy this year, he can come close to Grant’s production.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

You think Tari can be close to a 20 pt scorer on this team next season?

Or are you referring to net impact like defense?

4. theDude

theDude Member

Overall impact. I think it will be hard for him to get the minutes to get 20 points. I think if he stays healthy, Tari can be a better player than Jerami Grant, so I don't really liker the idea of trading for an older version at 10x the price.

fattz, saleem, OremLK and 4 others like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You can’t ignore the key point. If FVV gets 30 minutes, Brogdon gets 26 minutes that means there’s 40 minutes left for Green, Amen and Whitmore. Someone should be fired for that. Those guys are the #1 priority on this roster and the #1 path to winning big in the NBA. If you need depth, get a 3rd stringer. Amen and Whitmore deserve all the backup minutes. They’ve earned the hell out of those minutes. Brogdon is a waste of money. Sengun, FVV, Green and Amen will handle the ball mostly and we can sign someone for the minimum or mle if we’re really dying for a 3rd stringer.

Dude just think about it this dude averages like 49 games per season. Very slow footed. Now turning 32 after being injury prone for a decade. Big salary, he’s gonna walk if you don’t extend him at same price.

Just no need. If you can get him for a couple of second rounders and he’s content being 3rd string in his contract season, sure why not. I think there’s no chance of that happening. I would actually be offended if the team went out and got such a mediocre player to eat minutes at a position where we have 3 high potential players on the upswing. Throwing a wrench in the master plan. My goodness.

6. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Some variation of this is what I'd like to see....

Rockets get Dejounte Murray (from ATL) & the #10 -12 pick (Carter or Salaun) (from Utah, OKC, or Chicago)

ATL gets #3 (from Houston)

Utah, OKC, or Chicago get a mid - late first (Hou), late first (Hou) and a mid - late first (ATL) + filler

#2326 Plowman, Jun 8, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2024
  7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

you think the Hawks would trade Dejounte Murray Plus a "late First" for only the #3 pick?? wow

and Utah/OKC/Chicago can trade their #10-12 pick for 3 FRPs??? (Mid-Late 1st from Hou, Late 1st from Hou., and Mid-Late 1st from Atl.)??? wow

:eek::eek::eek:

8. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

We deal #3.....Consideriing what they've been asking (3 mid - late firsts) ...yes.

Utah, OKC, and Chi - the # 10 -12 pick for 3 picks in that 15-26 range or the equivalent iin players/picks

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This is the only one I would be interested in for another player. I would prefer instead of the 12th pick though just another pick for next years draft. An asset that could potentially be used to move up a bit more. Wallace is an Udoka player too

fattz likes this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Wallace is what we need but I just don’t think oKC would let him go.

OremLK likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

You maybe right… What about
    #3 & Tate (playable filler)
    …for…
    Wallace

#3 & Brooks
    …for…
    Wallace and bad contracts -> they really don’t have any. Clean up roster for next years draft (4 FRP)

12. TimDuncanDonaut

For those allergic to 'old' age; Jerami Grant is age 30 (FYI). ;) Technically in his 30's now.

My thing with 6'7" Grant is while useful his contract is a bit too big for his contribution.

#2332 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    saleem likes this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

Outside of star hunting, if replenishing depth, I'd still opt for guard depth (shooting and defense).... Caruso/Brogdan types.

Also, it's ok to get guys in early 30's, many NBA players have 2-3 years left in their contracts. The org is not married to them, in which case in a couple seasons you can always swap them for new vets if things don't work out.

#2333 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 11, 2024
    Aruba77 likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

wonder where Wallace would go in this draft. I would definitely trade #3 for Wallace. I suspect it would take more than #3 and Brooks. I bet they know what they have in Wallace…their future point guard.

#2334 Aruba77, Jun 11, 2024
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Going with random…
    Wanting OKC to say yes

With Gordon Hayward coming off their books

FVV not being part of our future

They were so close this year

They have so many obligations to fill roster spots with four first round picks next season. Plus one this season (our FRP). They can do an all in & a reboot.

FVV & #3
    …for…
    Wallace
    They get a now and later. A run at a championship and a building block with #3.

We pump the brakes on our veteran led team and rely on our players of the future and trust them. We will take a step back but it will be our true future selfs. Wallace will became a key role in our success. Turning the #3 pick into a perfect fit & BPA for our franchise.

thank you FVV for your service

16. baller4life315

I'm sorry, what?

17. saleem

saleem Member

Sheppard is a better shooter, Wallace is the better passer and defender. Wallace still has to break through for OKC.

I don't think the Rockets should go after Wallace.

18. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Member

What's wrong with trading Jalen, Dillon, and the remaining Brooklyn picks/swaps for Donovan Mitchell?

20. theDude

theDude Member

Because Cleveland only has control of him for one more year. Why would you give all of that up for one year? Can you point to any instance of a team giving up that much for a player with one year left on his contract?