1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Radricky

Radricky Member

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Brown only won ONE of these (last 4) starts -- two 1-run losses and one by 2 runs... smh

His ERA is below 6.00 (5.58) for the time since March (his first start) --- with a peak of 16.43 after the utter suckage vs KC. Espada played a role allowing him to surrender 9 runs in 0.2 IP.
    ____

Get the sweep today.. Verlander for #261

3. Buck Turgidson

What do you want them to do? Start all Pacific Zone games at 5 local time? There's a whole bunch of people who live out there who like to attend and/or watch their games. This is not a new development.

It *was* ridiculous to have a Saturday game start at 7PM weekday game time.

13 in 33 likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If the AL and NL were abolished to form one league, all those west teams could have their own division and Texas teams would be in a different division, limiting how often we would have to play there.

Just a thought.

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Stupid post is stupid.

The man said "after 9pm", then you jump in with 5pm local (7pm).

Most of these games have been starting 8:30 the past few years. Those 30 minutes are helpful.

Radricky, seemoreroyals and ktex like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Oh it's a thought that has been thoughtened on this very bbs several times before. I'm all for radical realignment, but MLB has decided to go the "balanced schedule" route, which is better than it was, so I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

Remember when the Stros were in the old NL West and about half of our road games were in the PTZ? Cincy/ATL/HOU and 3 Cali teams.

raining threes and jim1961 like this.
  7. RussE

RussE Member

The next series in SF is almost as bad.

I remember the old days in the NL West, but I was young then and could stay up listening to Gene Elston on the radio IF the AM station would come in being I live in Florida.

raining threes and seemoreroyals like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

But, like you were saying, the 8 Pacific and Mountain TZ teams + Dallas (because **** them) would be a perfect "division".

Then Hou, Stl, Chix2, Minn, Milw, KC, Atl, Tampa, Miami

Then NYx2, Bal, Bos, Det, Phil, Wash, Pitt, Toro, Clev

The Beard likes this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I would love this and go back to an un-balanced schedule.

Nook likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Do the postseason just like the NFL does: Top 2 division winners get a bye, 3 wild cards + the 3rd division winner play best of 5

#470 Buck Turgidson, Jun 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
  11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

MLB traditionalists would howl, but may as well at this point.

raining threes likes this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Bud Selig ruined it already. There was once a reason to have separate presidents the AL and NL. And having two teams of different leagues in the same vicinity (Chicago, NY, Bay Area, Texas) meant you didn't need to make a 10 hr road trip to see a particular team play as a transplant.

Castian Crew and raining threes like this.
  13. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Do you live on the West Coach or are you just stirring the pot? No reason for a 9:07 CDT start time for a weekend game Thankfully today'd game starts at 3 CST.

Houstunna likes this.
  14. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Sure glad to see him starting to crush the ball again.

15. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

If everyone is considered, it's not reasonable for week day games to start before 6pm and 7pm is probably more realistic, local time.

People who work 9-5 (which is frequently 5:30 or 6 w/ unpaid lunch breaks) need time to get through the commute and either home or to the ballpark.

Now. I agree with weekend games. There is no reason that any should start after 5pm local.

FYI, I live in Washington state, but I felt the same way when I lived in Florida, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.

It's just the downside to a national sport in a large geographic country.

The schedule can't be made for the convenience of people in Texas.

raining threes likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

(Central time zone fans continuing to be oblivious that the majority of TV decisions are made primarily with East coast and West coast TV markets in mind)

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

But the division alignment could be... removing us from the NL Central meant NL fans in Texas would have to go to Atlanta for the closest place to catch a NL game.

18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Thank you for making and expanding my point for me. I could see the weekday games starting at 6:40 PDT which would be 8:40 CDT. I thought I read somewhere that MLB was planning on doing that going forward.

That extra 30 minutes doesn't sound like much but it is sure helpful for those of us that get up early.

The ones really getting screwed are the ones living on the East Coast and other points Eastward.

Houstunna and The Beard like this.
  19. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Watching from Europe is essentially impossible. It was easier when I was in China - at least I could watch before work or weekend mornings.

thank goodness for the occasional noon game. And even the late Pacific times are doable if I am up early for the final innings.

The single best thing about moving back to the US soon will be Astros and Rockets game times.

20. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Nick continuing to be a pompous douche bag...

Don't pretend sports broadcasts are the same as nationally syndicated television. Sports TV will mostly cater to the city that's hosting the event. Most baseball games start 7pm regardless of time zone.

seemoreroyals likes this.