1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

my hair is on fire!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thegary, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Somehow, he knew to contact Rudy's attorney. Clearly, someone reached out to him and told him about Rudy's attorney. Or it's possible that he already knew those folks from previous encounters. Red flags were everywhere, so obviously, other than the NY Post, no one bit.

#2861 Amiga, Jun 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

wouldn't be the first time.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It wouldn't be the first time that someone was afraid Hillary Clinton would have them killed? Maybe people have believe that before. But that's bizarre and irrational of them.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

lol. now look who are the conspiracy theorists :D

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I think the idea that Hillary is having people killed is an old conspiracy theory, not new. It's been around for a while.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I’m very pleased to see the connected, wealthy, and the powerful see the inside of a courtroom just like the average person. If he’s found guilty, I’m sure as **** not gonna complain about the deep state.

7. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

IMG_4352.jpeg

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Like I said an old conspiracy theory as opposed to anything new.

astros123 likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

When I abandon a laptop at a repair shop, I might expect them to wipe the hard drive and keep it for themselves. It salvage it for parts. Or throw it in the dumpster. If I was Hunter, I'd give that repair shop a 1-star review.

The Trump campaign sharing the contents of the laptop and email with journalists was itself an information campaign meant to influence the election. Like the Steele Dossier was an information campaign. The Access Hollywood tapes were the same thing in 2016. It's so common it has a name, the October Surprise. These things don't just happen to come up right before the election. They are planned, timed, and staged. The information might be true, but it is curated to only be the maximally damaging part of the truth.

So, an information campaign of some stripe. The signatories of that letter thought Russians might be involved, which takes it from a dirty trick to illegal foreign interference. I cannot say with any confidence that Russians helped deliver the laptop to Guliani - I think we already have a mature domestic industry for creating political hit jobs. Probably that letter was ill-advised, given they couldn't prove the allegation. But I don't think we know enough to say they were actually wrong.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, I think we actually know enough to say they were wrong. definitely wrong.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Spymasters hone their craft by lying in the shadows.

Now when one lies to Congress, a nice cable news contract is lined up in the near future...

12. Buck Turgidson

Who is this "spymaster" you're talking about?

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Clapper in particular, but any of the agencies the signatories in the letter belong to qualifies.

They live in a different world while pursuing goals of National Interest. It's not the norm for many of them to be public facing and for good reason.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

There is a pretty stark difference between the Biden family and the trump family.

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Link please. Apparently I have reading to do.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

We think we know enough, but actually, we don't know and we may never know.

Russian disinformation is great at that—trickling in truth mixed with fake information to confuse everyone.

The hard drive is probably worthless given the multiple hands it has gone through, and any root of trust, if there was any to start with, is probably gone. I remember reading that there are changes to it, which means it cannot just be trusted. That doesn't mean it's intentional, but it also doesn't mean it was not.

That letter is not wrong. Some people ignore the portion where they said they have no proof but suspect it could be Russian disinformation.

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Very cool. That's an expensive trip. Hopefully she is getting some rest.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Word on the street is Dark Brandon will publicaly pardon a former president and 34 time convicted felon during the presidential debate.

astros123, Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

who paid for the trip?

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Show what little the maga trumpsters have to complain about when you are griping about the First Lady accompanying the President on an important trip. I am sure you were equally upset when every other first lady accompanied their husbands on trips.

Like this time...

[​IMG]

Or even this one...

[​IMG]

astros123 likes this.