1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Official Offseason Thread (2024)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tuckmose, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Damion Laverne

SWARM

SWARM

SWARM

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I feel like they are hit or miss. Payne and Pender are probably my favorites, Clint be be annoying sometimes but I like his ex-player knowledge he adds to his takes. Show is pretty lame but works with Clint. And their producer Tyler Milner is probably my favorite of the producers.
    Lopez gets hung up on weird things a lot and brings it back to fishing and his personal hobbies too much (mainly I think I just don’t share them so that’s on me). Don’t understand all the Landry hate, I feel like he questions the FO and players the most like we as fans do, but no one on 610 does that too much (understandably).
    I only listen to 790 for live games.

like I said, I wish there were more options, but I just like turning the car on and having it just just jump right into my local sports. I don’t want to wait, pick a podcast, load up an episode, and go. I also don’t always drive the same amount of time. I’m also lazy and hate even loading the Audacy app, but the quality is just so much better.

Shark44, ROCKSS and red5rocket like this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Usually I am able to ignore the OTA/Minicamp love bombing.. but this off-season has gotten me so fired up I am not prepared to withstand it. I’m so ready to go!

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Elite HC
    Elite o-coordinator
    Elite QB
    Best WR corp in the league
    Good OL
    Good RB

D-Line just added a 16.5 sack guy to the DROY who should only get better
    Shutdown corner and a promising rookie CB
    DeMeco is a elite defensive mind and is known to coach up linebackers

I am struggling to see where our weaknesses are next year. It's crazy.

SirRocket, J_Hunter_1977 and eliefor3 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

WE STILL HUNTING

jch1911 likes this.
  8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

why do you want show gone?

9. Marshall Bryant

I find those from other cities more entertaining than the local talent because the local talent is mostly working with a' poor me' chip on their back. I guess they are entertaining to others who share that opinion.

10. Marshall Bryant

The 2024 Texans are NOT the 2023 Texans. Most of the negative commentary does not fully recognize the significant changes beyond Diggs and maybe Hunter. IF that was all that happened, then they would have a point. But this is 2024 and the 2024 TEXANS. We are loaded.

J_Hunter_1977 and ROCKSS like this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Im on the verge of stop listening altogether to Houston Sports stations. They only talk Texans and Astros.....NO ROCKETS or BASKETBALL.

The Rockets got the #3 pick and the NBA FINALS are upon us and they onlt talk about it in passing. Thank God we have Podcasting

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

You know how some talk radio hosts just rub you the wrong way, he does that to me. It bugs me when the host is not a real fan, he is from KC and loves the Chiefs which is cool, but I know he really isn't a "Houston Fan", picky on my part I know. I also get tired on their show (and others) where they have to make up narratives to fill time, I get in, there is no real football being played so they have to come up with stories, but they tend to be negative at times and they will take something that "might" happen and then spin it to a conclusion when in reality that might not happen. Sports radio is great in season but off season it gets repetitive

I didnt care for Landry and Lopez after a few years, it just got old and Landry started getting snarky...............funny thing is I have tuned into his podcast and hes not bad alone, poor production value and he needs to stop with the "uh`s and umm`s" but he might have a chance. Lopez by himself was horrible and figgy was on yesterday which was ok, but that can't be the lineup moving forward.

rusHour likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Are you sure it's not a monkey on their shoulder?

14. Buck Turgidson

Houston knows about Swarms!

[​IMG]

TexasRedd and Fantasma Negro like this.
  15. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

18. Buck Turgidson

"281"?

19. desihooper

desihooper Member
    Supporting Member

Mac Jones!!

20. Buck Turgidson

He's from outside the Loop?

I remember when my parents home number got changed from 713 to 281...mid 90's or so