1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Scotto: Rockets will shop the No. 3 overall pick ahead of the draft in hopes of landing a star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 28, 2024.

1. cbass

cbass Member

Sure, but that’s not what I’m saying now nor is it the point I was making.

Clutch is a Sengun skeptic, this isn’t new or news. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed it already. I bet he would say it himself too

ArtisGilmore and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Think it's mostly Stone since Sengun was an Eli Witus pick and not his own. Stone was a big reason they went all in on KPJ and Green being the faces the franchise and not Sengun a couple of years ago. He was bias because that was his trade and pick that netted them. I wouldn't exactly trust his judgement..he pushed for Bruno Fernando to start over Sengun..and he chose Silas to be the head coach.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What do you mean by skeptic?

If it's the fact he isn't 100% sure he's a 1A type franchise player that would be the majority opinion of the league and probably even rocket fans. There is a difference between the claim he is the closest to what one would consider a "franchise player" on this roster currently in terms of level of impact and play so far and believing he 100% guaranteed to be that.

I'm sure Clutch believes so far Sengun has shown the most production and contribution to winning amongst the young core. Almost every one who follows the league closely believes this.

But majority believe the Rockets don't have a 100% certain franchise level player yet. A few potential ones and Sengun has shown the most out of the potential ones.

rcketsfan1 and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Meaning he prefers that Sengun not be part of the long term future of the team. Anyone unaware of this about Dave is either delusional or hasn’t been paying attention at all.

Jags, daywalker02, YaoMac09 and 2 others like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He discusses Sengun as a trade asset the same way he discusses Jalen and Amen. If a superstar is available long term then you think about it.

6. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Ok

7. invocux

invocux Member

Bridges is the man don't overthink. He is in his prime, better than that white Seth Curry and we desperately need a shooter. Mikal is the guy. Mitchell doesn't make others better he simply isn't a winning player. Been in the league for 7 years and never seen conference finals. How is he a star? There isn't a player itl i hate more. ****ing fraud.

Commodore and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is probably the most reasonable theory about Clutch's take on the FO skepticism about Sengun. Just like any fan, Clutch can be biased about certain players. But I think to question his character and intelligence of lying or deluded about what isn't there with the FO is just too much.

Someone high up in the organization does not fully believe in Sengun and it happens to match Clutch's view. And that someone is most likely Stone. I just hope Udoka and Witus are sane enough to stop Stone from doing something stupid.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i gotta say thats the play...
    we've already been caught jettisoning frp players for nada...
    we gotta take a big swing...

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I don't believe they Draft Sheppard. It doesn't make sense. Rafael Stone always look for Tall Forwards that can switch.

Tidjane Salaun should be looked at, youngest player in the Draft, plays Physical, Athletic, Plays off ball, Similar to KJ Martin but is taller 6'10. Develops more RGV and call him up.

Aruba77 likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Works for me, at this point honestly nothing would surprise me, I have absolutely no faith in Stone.

Drafting players based on height alone sounds like something he might do.

rockets1995 and theDude like this.
  12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

It’s true. I was also there and people were pissed. Also, they kicked me out right before the Rockets made their second round pick, it’s like they didn’t even know it was going to happen, and thought it was weird that I wanted to see it.

Sittonsideways likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Trade #3 + Brooks + maybe give back pick swap(s) for Bridges

Trade Green to Wizards, Hornets, or Chicago for a package centered around this year's pick and a future pick(s) and/or swap(s).

FVV
    Thompson
    Bridges
    Jabari
    Sengun

Whitmore
    #2 / # 6/ #11 / or whatever from Green trade
    Eason
    Adams

bustamove likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rockets learned their lesson since PJ Tucker 6'5 at Center.

Rafael Stone learned from Daryl Morey Mistakes. Trading away Clint Capela for Robert Covington, ruined that team. Along with Trading away Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook plus Picks, Swaps.

The way Rockets Draft
    Amen Thompson, 6'7, 21 years old, Cam Whitmore 6'7, 19 years old

6'8 Tari Eason, 6'11 Jabari Smith

Tidjane Salaun 6'10, France. Comparison is Taller KJ Martin, but smarter off ball, can defend laterally, switch. Needs development at RGV.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Carroll Dawson the Worst GM in History, Along with worst Coach Jeff Van Gundy.

I really believe Rudy Gay playing alongside Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming would've taken a Huge Offensive Burden off of them. Huge Mistake.

Brandon Roy Washington, Rudy Gay from UConn were my Targets.

16. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

This is the obvious truth. We won't know that much more until this team gets into the playoffs. Look at what's happened in the west so far. I like where we are at but there's nothing 'sure thing' about anything in the NBA. I've even been thinking about the 'what ifs' of Bronny James just like prolly all of you lol :p

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's not the same as wanting to trade Sengun for some 3rd level star or make room for some unknown prospect like Clingan.

Skepticism has different levels.

I'm sure you noticed different levels of skepticism about Jalen Green. ;)

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I will be so upset if we trade this pick.

cml750, AroundTheWorld and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Trade Sengun + player(s) and multiple 1st rd picks for Joel Embid.

20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll be upset if we trade it for Mikal Bridges.

On the other hand, if we trade (only) it for Mikal Bridges, it helps facilitate the rebuild for BKN and increases the value of our future picks from them. Sacrifice it for the greater good.

Rudyc281 and Invisible Fan like this.