1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matas Buzelis Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Haymitch, Oct 28, 2023.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Why it sounds so similar as Jalen Green? Play against grown men? lol

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

roslolian likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ignite 4 lyfe.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even the lower Play In teams are considered lower lotto picks....so yeah.....it is not exactly tanking but the word lottery will accompany us some years.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Smooth shot? Dude is shooting 29% from 3.

#45 roslolian, Feb 27, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I want that new guy Wivtor Vembanyama who's 7'7" with a 9' wingspan and can shoot the 3 like Curry and body people up like Shaq. We've got to have someone who can defend Wemby and I think Vemby is the guy.

BamBam likes this.
  7. kpdark

kpdark Member

they could be good teammates like Kai and PJWashington

8. DJWrekk

DJWrekk Member

From what highlights I have seen, this kid brings alot of energy into the game. I like what I see so far.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I’m on Buzelis bandwagon myself . He could be a cheat code in my opinion! Think he be good for this team !

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You guys love brick layers.

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Matas looks like he has lots of upside. He'd be an interesting guy to develop as playmaking SF. If he can develop a consistent 3pt shot and add some muscle he could be be one of the higher ceiling guys for this draft. Good BBIQ and looks like he has some defensive chops as well.

Y2JT likes this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Good flyer to take when we were drafting at 9.... at #3 though, you better be damn sure there's something in the backrooms us laymen aren't seeing on the tape.

13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The problem about him: just looking at him you would think, he is better at everything than he is. He looks like someone that can hit the 3 at a decent rate - he can't. He looks like someone with a good handle - he struggles with his handle. He looks like he should be a good defender - he is not. He looks like he should be a good playmaker - he is not. Outside of his size I can't think of any thing he really excels at.

The thing is though: I could see him getting good in all these areas. It seems like he should have the tools and he could turn into a star. But at 3 I'd be a whole lot more comfortable with someone that has shown more so far - and with players like Sheppard, Topic, Risacher all having shown way more than him and all also having a high ceiling, I'd much rather take one of these guys over Matas.

cdastros and meh like this.
  14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

(1:54:28)

I've not been a huge Matas guy, but don't mind him depending on the evaluation (definitely could be a high ceiling guy). But watched this earlier, and it kinda sounded like Sam was implying Rockets wouldn't be interested in Matas. Not really sure why (maybe analytics don't pop?). Possibly reading too much into this.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Sam likes JSJ and tends to judge the Rockets more by fit than the Rockets are. I think his quote there was more on not knowing what the Rockets would do than that there was confidence that the Rockets are not interested in Matas.

Though, the 3 point shot not falling could be a reason.

RC Cola likes this.
  16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I could see that, but it didn't sound like he was speaking about his personal preference but more about what he knows about how the Rockets specifically do evaluations. Which is odd because I thought the Rockets (at least the Morey Rockets) were happy to work out a bunch of guys regardless of fit and things like that. Even if they weren't going to draft certain players, the intel would usually be valuable.

Anyway probably just making too much of a quick aside he made. Just thought it was interesting.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Question not related to tweet

@Haymitch you still like Matas?

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My kids just watched the "jesser tries out for the gleague ignite" streaming episode yesterday because kids liek to watch crap - but anyway, my eval of Buzelis was he just sat there injured laughing and doing basically nothing, meanwhile Ron Holland threw down some sick dunks.

Advantage Holland.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

can he get a stop?

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Both looked good and I hope no one take this wrong but I couldn't tell who was whom; similar length, style, moves, etc. Which is a good thing, because Cooper is projected to be #1 pick next yr, correct?

BigShasta likes this.