1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Green become Edwards?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, May 4, 2024.

?

Will Jalen Green become as good as Anthony Edwards?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why are you harping on it then.

Dude was a controversial player coming into the league.....Dennis Rodman was a controversial player, Bruce Bowen was a controversial player.

Rodman was criticized for his excessive lifestyle, his drag queen clothes, and him forking off to Vegas.....

Green is not controversial for being a bad boy though, but being dumb, paiting nails, he brought it on himself, why should people embrace a thing like that?

Many players had fans and so called anti fans as well....I do not see a problem with that.

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

harping on you people’s hate and bias? I will always point out your deficiencies as a person

cbass and Ancient Moabite like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you want your kid to have a role model that is feminine and cannot even use a condom and impregnating girls around him.

Have at it, but I won't stand for that kind of behavior.-

And I am the person that is the least crying for him to be traded among what you call haters.

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And all these stars are great role models? As i said it comes down to you all hating him for reasons outside of basketball. And when it comes to actual on court performance all of you have no real analysis or assessment other than general judgemental comments and obscure metrics that not only aren’t accurate in itself but only paints part of the picture. This becomes a problem because you and people like you cannot divorce your personal hate and bias from actual analysis of basketball. So at the end of the day its not about basketball. And it has no place on this basketball forum

cbass and Ancient Moabite like this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

Aunt Lucy at it again with the perpetual BS

Always crying (sending inbox messages) in his inverted mancave feelings about something petty (at 45+ yrs old) on being respected blah blah ....but always throwing stones and hiding hands

Like who cares if Green is acting like the others in the ent/celebrity club and not strapping up.....type of male-men are on this site? Bunch of feminine trait reactions going on here in the kitchen

A bunch of those athletes/actors etc have children they don't know about and children they hide until exposed in the ent club, its why the NDA is so vital in that club

Go ask Jay Z/Drake about that

And Shaq/Arenas etc

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Ant’s TO is up to over 3 this year.

7. vince

vince Member

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good…

geesh the Warriors had every media exec fawning over them, so much that the refs took notice and edited the championships for them.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

Edwards is tired going thru his first postseason deep run

At least he admitted it like a real man should

Stephen_A likes this.
  9. R=$

R=$ Member

Yes, Blue Edwards

10. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

You must be Jalen Green...sorry to hurt your feelings bruh

cml750 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone wants to grab onto the “next big thing”…. I’m not sure why. No, Jalen Green will never be Anthony Edwards, they are different types of players. Edwards is good - but not great, at least yet.

Oddly enough the next big thing has been in front of everyone’s faces for years and it’s Doncic…. And he isn’t Jordan either.

As for Green - let’s wait and see.

It’s really hard to win a title without the best player in the world or someone that arguably is.

vince, snowconeman22, NewAge and 4 others like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This thread is embarrassing, Green isn't even 60% of Edwards...

DD

shakes05 and tycoonchip like this.
  13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

All I know is that this is the worst thread of all time.

shakes05, AroundTheWorld and MadMax like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You said it was a “usual occurrence” he got “stripped on his drives” or “turn the ball over all the time.”

Define “usual occurrence”. Define “all the time

You also said he “hasn’t improved on the handle strength.”

Define handle.

Handle means ability to dribble the ball. A lot of times when he gets “stripped” it’s his transition to a layup. This has nothing to do with “handles” or dribbling the ball. It has to do with protecting the ball and mechanics as he goes up in one motion with it to get the layup the ball into the rim.

You used the terms “all the time” and “usual occurrence”. He averaged 0.8 TO per game on drives. Edwards averaged 1.1 TO per game on drives. All the time or usual occurrence would mean that his turnover rate on drives would be very high on his 9.5 avg drives per game. 0.8 TO per game on drives doesn’t support your statement that he turns the ball over all the time on drives.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

This is Jalen's year to finally put it all together with consistency. I am rooting for him to come out of the gate playing well. If not, I hope they do not waste more than 10 games trying to get him going.

bustamove, AroundTheWorld and cbass like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think a group of people wanted excessively to have a 'dude' right after Harden ......I just do not see that.

And it snowballed to now.......I still see a few holding onto that thought.

As you stated, the faces of the NBA in terms of guards - 3 guys - SGA - Luka - Edwards

Haliburton - Jalen Brunson 2nd tier

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Outside of Luka, if that's the "first tier" then Green absolutely has a puncher's chance at teaching get tier as he's easily as naturally gifted as SGA and Edwards. Talent deficit would t be the issue. The only guy in that list of yours that clearly out talents Green is Luka.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think the reason for the comparison is Jalen/Ant are the same height, same age, and same position. They're both athletic. Jalen could be just as good if he wanted it.

Luka is a completely different player. He's significantly bigger and a naturally gifted passer with elite vision. He has some natural gifts that very few dream of having to go along with elite skills. He's also a little older.

snowconeman22, Nook and DaDakota like this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Ant has 3 unspectacular performances in his last 3 games. 2 sub par performances and 1 mediocre game. These are the biggest games of his career. These critical moments are the challenges young players face and shape their legacies. Doncic has been to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years and 2 Conf Finals. In his first 2 playoff series he was highly inconsistent in shooting, shot poorly in FT and committed several turnovers including 11 in game 1 in 2020 and 7 in game 4 that same series. He improved his FT shooting and decreased his TO’s past couple postseasons. Doncic is playing on the best Maverick team he has been on.

Another note is this man shot around .320 and less in 3’s his first 2 years in reg season and only .340 last year as he launched over 500 3PA each of these years. While supposed Rocket fans demand Jalen shoot less 3’s and declare him a “bad” shooter or chucker, players like Doncic were praised and dick rode. Not to mention he has avg 4 TO’s per game in his reg season career and 4.4 in the post season as compared to Jalen’s career 2.3. And yet Jalen is considered low IQ or turnover prone or have loose handles. And there’s Edwards who has seen nothing but praises and love from Rocket fans with little to no criticism despite 3 not so good games in the biggest series of his career.

What Doncic and Edwards has shown us is their evolution as young players as both they and their teams continued to improve along with Several playoff experiences thru the years. If Rocket fans can accept these other players deficiencies and inconsistencies and can understand their growth and evolution but not accept some of our own players especially Jalen Green and yet magnify every mistake or deficiency then it shows a bias and double standard within our fanbase. Its a Grass is greener syndrome and inferior mindset and sheer hate.

#319 Stephen_A, May 27, 2024
    Last edited: May 27, 2024
    Kevooooo and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

DD

I know you don't like Green for various reasons but from looking at their games, there's not too much difference. I know you are probably floored by my assessment but Im looking at Minn vs Dal right now and Edwards is doing the same things as Jalen.

Driving to far into the paint and turning the ball over in traffic. However, I think he doesn't have as good of vision as Jalen. He's missed a lot of open teammates.

I think alot what Edwards benefits from is playing with better and more experienced players. Not saying he isn't good, he is I've looked at him closely this series and he AIN'T MJ!

Little Bit, theDude and Stephen_A like this.