1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case to Draft Reed Sheppard at #3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, May 20, 2024.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lmao you can't spot a joke

clutchdabear, BaselineFade and cml750 like this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Wait, you mean you don't see "Chris Paul with a more lethal shot?"

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the hype is outta control now

Generational playmaker and defender?

[​IMG]

Where?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Amen would be our best prospect by a country mile if he somehow developed an adequate jump shot

I get so annoyed with people like Amen Thompson because you’ve got all the tools, but come into the league with an absolutely broken jump shot…it’s like what were u doing these past 20 something years to come into the league shooting like that?

5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I agree, but until he does I have him ranked 3rd behind Green and Sengun, both of whom have actually produced star-level results at some point in their young careers so far. I actually find it insane that so many people are in these threads hyping up role player level talent, whilst consecutively ******** on the one player we have who has ACTUALLY put in several superstar level performances. I'm not really buying the narratives tbh, our best prospect by far is limited by consistency, his talent is so far above and beyond what the rest have shown that the widespread cognitive dissonance doesn't feel remotely grounded in basketball.

6. MystikArkitect

Tyrese Haliburton and Anthony Edwards are getting embarrassed in the Conference Finals by players less athletic but much smarter than they are.

Rudyc281, cml750 and Zen Tabak like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oohhhh......like Haliburton is such an athlete himself.....I keed but he sure isn't that athletic.

8. MystikArkitect

He's not uber athletic but moreso than anyone on the Celtics roster.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brown is pretty athletic but yeah now that I think of it, there are no freak athletes but there is a freakishly tall guy called Porzingis on the bench still.

Jrue is underrated, his strength and getting up and down is underrated.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

super athlete 24 y/o Tyrese Haliburton and his 6th seed Pacers are getting “embarrassed” by the 64 win “been to the conference finals 5 times in the last 8 years” Celtics

Anthony Edwards in his 1st Conference Finals at age 22…meanwhile Luka is 25 and Kyrie is a veteran with years of deep playoff experience at age 32

Edwards team just embarrassed the favored Nuggets

swear y’all just say anything on here

this must be the part of the show where we try to downplay legitimately great players and pretend they have low BBIQ in order to prop up someone else

#630 Reeko, May 26, 2024
    Last edited: May 26, 2024
    OkayAyeReloaded, Dobbizzle and Sooty like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Anyone that wouldn’t trade Jalen for either Edwards or Haliburton is nuts.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

GENERATIONAL shooter.

DD

cml750 likes this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Sadly, nobody's going to do that trade for us. On the flip side, the people wanting to trade Jalen (still has the potential to be a superstar, as proved at the end of last season) for Bridges (lol) are just as nuts.

14. maj21

maj21 Member

He was asked to do more, but JJ also played all 4 years. Give Reed 3 more seasons in college and see what he does

cml750 likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think that is as crazy, but yeah I don’t want to trade Jalen for Bridges. I would trade Dillon and #3 and maybe our own 27 for him though. The Nets 2025 and 2026 picks are super valuable especially. If they trade Bridges for mostly draft picks. Those drafts are loaded and the Nets are gonna suck for a long time.

16. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Someone please explain the appeal of trading premium assets for Mikal Bridges.

Here’s a rough ranking of best SF’s in the NBA:

Tatum
    Kawhi
    PG
    Jimmy
    Jaylen
    Scottie Barnes
    Jalen Williams
    Ingram
    Middleton
    OG
    Cade
    DeRozan
    B Miller
    Mikal
    Murphy
    Dort
    Hart
    Tari
    Cam J
    Dillon

Why would we trade even just a top 3 pick to go from the 20th best SF to the 14th best SF? They’re the exact same age and our guy makes less money on a longer deal. They shot the exact same percentages last year and Dillon was better defensively.

FWIW I think our FO is smart enough to see this and I don’t think they value Bridges the way the reporting implies.

I’d bet the reason Brooklyn is hanging up the phone is because they find our offers insulting. Like Dillon + #3 + ‘25 swap top 4 protected + ‘27 swap for Bridges + all the PHX picks unprotected. We’re trying to take advantage of them when they’re down, that’s all.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, you're trying to spin reality. JJ was given more to do because he was the #2 SG in his recruiting class. Reed was coming off the bench because more prestigious prospects were promised the starting job. This is why everybody needs to temper expectations, we're not talking a typical early draft pick, we're talking literal role player tier prospects.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Mikel had a bad half a year. Most of his career he has been a plus player. You also are leaving out defense which he is excellent at and he has the capability to play SG as well. I don’t consider Dillon and this year’s #3 as premium assets.

Some of the guys you have rated higher like Ingram, Middleton, Cade (not a sf), Derozan (poor 3 pt shooter) are not better. I only want Bridges for this year’s pick and non-core players like Dillon. The Nets’ 25 and 26 picks are the real assets and I’m not giving those up for Bridges. Bridges would be an upgrade on Dillon and insurance if Jalen doesn’t pan out. My only concern is the minutes that Amen would be giving up, who I think is going to break out as an all-NBA defense player, and be our second best all around player starting this year.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed, but if Amen had a jumper coming into the draft last year, he would have probably been selected #2; #3 for sure.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As crazy as those Minnesota or Indiana GMs that would do this.....