1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2024 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Marshall Bryant, May 9, 2024.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The list of opponents is definitely tough, but the order of play seems ideal in alot of ways.

• start the season with Anthony Richardson, Caleb Williams, and potentially JJ McCarthy, basically three rookie QBs. Great set of games to develop a rhythm and still pick up wins.
    • only one potential cold weather game (@ KC, which may not be super cold on 12/21)
    • no international games
    • Bye week to get rested/gameplan prior to the toughest three game stretch
    • finale @ Ten who could be tanking at that point, Titan vets making business decisions, etc

solid, ROCKSS and Astrodome like this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

3. Qan

Qan Member

Damn the McNairs capitalizing that CJ Stroud draw to make up for previous years.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I would hope price increases are just a reflection of demand increase. So presumably we will have nothing but packed home games next year.

ROCKSS and Qan like this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I was searching for tickets for the bears game when the schedule came out. Normally the level I sit around $150 but that game was $300-$400. Section 101.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Try vs the Jags and Oilers . Those should be cheap

red5rocket likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ridiculous amount of money. I'll watch em on tv.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

That price increase is aftermarket.

Although anecdotally my tickets went up 72%.

TBF season tickets only went up I think a total of 2-3% from 2020 to this year when the team was ass.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am older and watching live is not the biggest thing for me now, I would rather sit in the comfort of my own home and watch replays and get a cold beer when I want it and not pay $15 bucks for it...............but kudos to those who go out there and tailgate and make a complete day of it

Shark44 and houstonstime like this.
  10. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

THIS is where the value is! Man, do I miss the tailgating! When friends from out of state ask about Texans games, I always stress that they need to get there at 6:00 AM to ensure they're there when the gates open. I tell them not to bother with tailgating supplies...just walk the lots and be respectful and you won't go home hungry or thirsty. I haven't been to a game in person in over 15 years, so I don't what if anything has changed, but the first decade of tailgating at Texan games was as good as anywhere in the NFL. What a party!

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

My first tailgating experience was amazing. Only 22-23 at the time and my girl and I was walking around just trying to feel the vibe before our first game. You could tell we had never been tailgating before. Quite a few tailgaters peeped we didn't know what was going on and invited us over. They gave us bbq and beer. We were in complete shock. They took us in as their own. We wanted to stay but being that it was our first game and had great seats right at the Texans tunnel, we had to go inside. We were so full that we never left our seats. That's when we met Steve Beckholt and a few other rowdies and they bought us a beer. Best experience I've ever had going to any game. Outside of parking and actual seats, we didn't spend a dime.

12. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Yep...ALL of this!

red5rocket likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Damn good experience

ROCKSS, raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  14. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

Naw. She’d still be annoying AF!

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just secured two tickets to the Cowboys game. Can't wait for Monday, November 18th to get here!

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't. Seeing her on the TV every damn game over and over is nauseating.