1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooklyn Picks -- Cash 'em in, or let 'em ride?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Feb 10, 2023.

?

Brooklyn Picks -- Cash them in, or let 'em ride?

1. Cash 'em in

85 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Let 'em ride

164 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. prs325

prs325 Member

Sounds like Nets want to take a rebuilding route

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure they have enough for me to want to give them back their picks though.

A 28 year old Bridges is fine and would be a clear upgrade over Green... but does he really have a future with the team?

BallSoHarden and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

We have a tight grip on BKs nads, I would not let go just yet.

Plowman, BallSoHarden, ArtV and 2 others like this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I do not want bridges, he gave up at the end of the season, and if that is his attitude then it is not worth the risk. Pascal Siakim is a free agent this summer and a better player, and you wouldn't need to give up any brooklyn assets. A #3 overall has a lot of value right now pre draft, even in a weak draft. I hope that the Rockets understand this and only play the Nets into thinking they will bail them out so they go the rebuild route instead of trying to trade for Donovan or Ingram. Once the big names find a new home, I'd stop answering calls from BKN.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is the same old story....... Fred Van Vleet because you cannot get Donovan Mitchell (back in the past)

Dillon Brooks because you cannot get Alex Caruso or OG Anunoby.

Now Bridges because you cannot get Jaylen Brown or Paul George.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

With moderate luck with health that is 100% a 50 win team.

Mathloom and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think it's a common misconception that the only profit from being bad is your own draft pick.

They have a players of value that they can trade, they have cap space that they can rent for assets.

They have several big trade exceptions that would allow them to take on salary for assets.

Their own pick is a sunk cost - they have to forget it and do what they can otherwise to acquire talent - generally with other teams draft picks.

They did just that at the trade deadline dumping Dinwiddie and Royce O'Neale. Those dudes didn't have a future there and they extracted value for them.

They'll have money to spend in FA giving them at least another player asset.

No, they probably won't have early draft picks as a result but they will get multiple bites at the apple and in their current situation, that's about the best they can expect.

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes