1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV broadcast

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Chick, May 23, 2024.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. vince

vince Member

Considering Chick has a total of 2 messages on this forum, and is a 66 year old male? I think trolling is probably the case.

I personally refuse to pay for cable, so I catch my Astros games on the radio 790/740 am. I also get the MLB app from t-mobile and I watch the condensed games the next day.

it’s a different time, I vividly remember watching the Astros and a Rockets road games on 20 Vision here in Houston. With folks cutting cable, sports is going to have a dying fanbase, because many of the younger folks wont develop affinity with their teams. They won’t have the memories of catching the first spring training game on 20 Vision with all the excitement that came with it.

Astros fans will find a way!

3. Buck Turgidson

HOW DARE THEY CHARGE ME $.25 TO WATCH A BASEBALL GAME

raining threes likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

If anyone's interested, I found the article from last year:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/att-sportsnet-channel-astros.311719/page-7#post-14536055

vince likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I would hope so... however the time to have finalized that process would have just commenced with every other network declaring bankruptcy and basically being right there for being absorbed.

MLB wants those contracts but they're not going to pay down the debt for all these RSN companies to secure it... so companies like amazon, DTV, or whoever have supplemented enough to keep that structure still solvent.

MLB.TV is perfectly functional and profitable... but it has to adhere to the archaic RSN blackout rules which is really driving all the angst and preventing legit in state fans of getting to watch their teams.

I will say, whichever league really figures out the non-blackout, on-demand, pay as you go version of streaming that is unified for ALL teams, all markets, and doesn't require some special "3 year contract, etc." is going to clean up big time... and then we'll all wonder why this **** wasn't simplifief/available 20 years ago when streaming was first made capable.

Jake Tower likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

This is exactly what Manfred Man is envisioning

7. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

If you get a VPN, you can basically do exactly what you’re hoping for today. I happen to live in Europe, but the VPN I (StrongVPN) definitely works for MLB TV if you are an American and just go to a European VON server. And the NBA streaming for that matter. Plus Netflix offerings are better in Europe.

I am aware it violates the service terms, but I still pay all the service fees. It is a bit different from IPTV piracy.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Bingo. VPN plus MLB.TV

I think I live somewhere in Wyoming

cmlmel77 and Nick like this.