1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC FINALS] (3) Minnesota Vs. (5) Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, May 19, 2024.

?

(3) Minnesota Wolves Vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

1. Wolves in 4

2. Wolves in 5

3. Wolves in 6

4. Wolves in 7

5. Mavericks in 4

6. Mavericks in 5

7. Mavericks in 6

8. Mavericks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

A few things are clear:
    1. That first time-out Conley was forced to call is inexcusable and had me believing the game was lost, so wasn't surprised at the loss.
    2. Naz Reid should just start at this point and Towns needs to step the f up! I would considering trading him if he doesn't.
    3. Conley needs to be the man, Edwards is clearly not ready for the big moment. Tired or not, he's just not ready.
    4. They need to change up the defensive coverages on some of those lobs and especially that defense on that Luka 3. I just knew it was going in, leaving Gobert to just defend him 1-on-1 was just not smart.
    5. Mavs, driven by Kyrie, are better at this point, but the whistle has got to stop with Luka. My god at some of those fouls. And that last challenge should not have been successfull, even if they cannot take a foul into the equation. There was a foul that caused the ball to go off of the Twolves. They always take that into account when deciding who gets the ball out since they don't want to call a foul every single time. This was a key moment to reinforce that, but instead NOW they go by the book. Horrendous.

pahiyas and napalm06 like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rangers had the flukiest run ever though

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Picsart_24-05-25_08-03-53-267.png

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You were one of the main ones calling kyrie a headcase the last couple seasons. Glad to see he has changed your mind with his play. I tried to tell yall Kyrie the media was doing him wrong. Now they're sitting back giving him kudos. You love to see it

Not only is Dallas experiencing its best sports ever, this is happening at a time when DFW in general is going through it's golden age as a metro area. A lot of things happening in DFW and a lot of people/companies/new businesses (see universal studios) going in. Residents there bragging big time right now. It's a great time to be from there

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Dallas does not have a baseball team, and every attempt to steal the Rangers from Arlington has been futile.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Dallas Back court exposed the wolves big men lack of mobility when they are forced to guard them on pick and rolls. Would this affect us picking Donavan with the 3rd pick?

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Don't do that, bro

napalm06 likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are still stunned by last nights game here in MN.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kyrie misses 2 FTs, Ant hits 2 FTs and it's 108-103 with 1:20 left.

They should be.

jimmyv281 likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I'm technically still in it since I picked Wolves in 6..:rolleyes:

Jontro likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ant lost the game. Horrible decision making he was not putting pressure on the defense, wasting time on the shot clock, and then turning the ball over. It was a disaster. He wants the praise when he plays well he needs to get 100% of the blame here.

Screw Dallas. Mavs stars are both deep in the playoffs. Rangers won the WS. At least the cowboys are a joke

12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Dallas (DFW) is cool as a city... I just want their teams to lose.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Anthony Edwards learned the Game from Patrick Beverley. Yell at his opponents until he gets whooped and makes excuses he is tired.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Anthony Edwards First Love is Football.

You can see he is still Raw and he clearly needs Development, maybe add or trade for a Younger Point Guard that can Decision make, 3-point shooting, Defensive Quickness, Similar to a Young Jrue Holiday type. Mike Conley is getting outworked, outhustled by Kyrie Irving, Luka Doncic. Wolves need a replacement for Mike Conley. Add more shooting.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

ant looks inexperienced and emotionally unstable. the minnesotas should trade him for green + jabari + 2nds

bustamove likes this.
  16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

We could trade jock and the number three for ant. Minny could then draft Clingan, they would be awesome.

Jontro likes this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I can't emphasize how much it pisses me off that after 15 years of Duncan and Dirk these f**kers ended up with Wemby and Doncic after a couple of bad seasons.

JW86, Jontro and grape like this.
  18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

So basically, this year's Mavs are the 2018 Rockets and there's no unstoppable shooting Warriors around to battle them. The Twolves elite team defense and Gobert's help is irrelevant when the Mavs' backcourt is unstoppable 1on1 and great enough passers to throw the lob at the exact right time.

The Twolves should consider more minutes with that jumbo lineup with Kyle/Jaden on the wing. It allowed them to neutralize the roller by either switching the PnR or blitzing and rotating another long player to the big.

Offensively, the Twolves just can't win if KAT allows himself to be guarded by a 6'7 PJ Washington the whole game.

Ironically, if/when the Twolves lose this series it will be because of their frontcourt KAT/Gobert while they were the reason for the win against Denver.

19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’m not calling this series yet. All that has to happen is minny win the next game. Then, who knows…

JayGoogle and grape like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, both of these games have been close and with Minny throwing away both games at that too.

Minny just has to be sharper the final two minutes of games and they could get back in this.