1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As Trump campaigns, he's spreading QAnon posts anew. Some call that 'playing with fire'

“Trump is the star player in the QAnon show,” said Megan Squire, deputy managing editor of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project. “He loves anybody that's a fan of him – that’s always been the case.”

Seizing on a loyal constituency, Trump and his campaign began courting QAnon followers even after the FBI identified QAnon as a fringe conspiracy theory very likely to motivate “some domestic extremists to commit criminal, sometimes violent activity.”

Since the site launched two years ago, Trump has reposted or promoted QAnon-affiliated accounts more than 800 times, ensuring their messages will be widely seen, according to a new study from liberal watchdog group Media Matters shared exclusively with USA TODAY.

Over the last year, Trump has amplified QAnon-affiliated accounts on Truth Social nearly 350 times. One post linked to a Rumble video that showed QAnon content. Trump commented: “Incredible video!” Another said “Do it, Q!”

But amplifying QAnon is dangerous, Holt said, especially at a moment when the nation is already so polarized. “It’s playing with fire,” he said.

In the case of QAnon, however, the desire to root out evil is, in fact, threatening to inspire its own acts of evil. The FBI declared QAnon a domestic terrorism threat in a May 2019 intelligence briefing.

“The FBI assesses these conspiracy theories very likely will emerge, spread, and evolve in the modern information marketplace, occasionally driving both groups and individual extremists to carry out criminal or violent acts,” the document said.

Several people have even cited QAnon as rationale for seemingly inexplicable murder cases. A California QAnon believer and surf instructor shot and killed his two young children with a speargun in 2021, telling authorities he had been enlightened by QAnon and that he needed to kill his children to prevent them from growing into monsters. In 2022, a Michigan man – whose daughter said he had fallen down a “rabbit hole” of QAnon conspiracy theories – shot his family, killing his wife and gravely injuring his daughters.

More often, QAnon has led to politically motivated acts, especially crimes committed during the Capitol riot Jan. 6, 2021. Some rioters carried QAnon banners during the Capitol attack, and dozens of people arrested for their roles in the Jan. 6 insurrection were obsessed with the conspiracy theory.

QAnon followers have lit wildfires, vandalized monuments and buildings and been arrested with bombs and weapons. Believers have launched cults and been charged with attempted coups. The conspiracy theory has inspired extremist movements as far away as Japan and Germany.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2024/05/23/trump-qanon-2024-election/73794116007/

Xopher likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...lass-of-2024-commencement-address-atlanta-ga/

"The pandemic robbed you of so much. Some of you lost loved ones — mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, who were — aren’t able to be here to celebrate with you today — today. You missed your high school graduation. You started college just as George Floyd was murdered and there was a reckoning on race."

"And we know Black men are going to help us, lead us to the future — Black men from this class, in this university."

"But, graduates, this is what we’re up against: extremist forces aligned against the meaning and message of Morehouse. And they peddle a fiction, a caricature what being a man is about — tough talk, abusing power, bigotry. Their idea of being a man is toxic."

"But that's not you. It's not us. You all know and demonstrate what it really means to be a man. Being a man is about the strength of respect and dignity. It’s about showing up because it’s too late if you have to ask. It’s about giving hate no safe harbor and leaving no one behind and defending freedoms. It’s about standing up to the abuse of power, whether physical, economic, or psychological. It’s about knowing faith without works is dead."

5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I could debunk every single one of these with actual facts, but you would never believe the facts so why bother?

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good grief. He is so far down that rabbit hole he can't even see the light anymore.

Xopher likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Being a victim is a proud MAGA tradition and privilege. As usual, they are blinded by their own projection, failing to see they're projecting their victimhood onto others.

"deadly force" "attempted assassination" "attempted hit on Trump"

"election stolen"

"A friend of mine once said that I was the most persecuted person in the history of our country"

"It's ironic that Christ walked through His greatest persecution the very week they are trying to steal your property from you."

"They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, And fought against me without a cause. In return for my love they are my accusers, But I give myself to prayer. Thus they have rewarded me evil for good, And hatred for my love. Set a wicked man over him, And let an accuser stand at his right hand. When he is judged, let him be found guilty, And let his prayer become sin. Let his days be few, And let another take his office"

9. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, Trump is very black-friendly [this is from 2022]

Among the solutions he offered was to bring back “stop-and-frisk,” a New York City policy shown to have been disproportionately applied to Black and Hispanic residents. On Tuesday, he declared that “we need to return to stop-and-frisk policies and cities and not shy away from it” — just as in the first presidential debate in 2016, when he said that “you have to have stop-and-frisk.”
    For example, he declared that the federal government should have the ability to unilaterally send the National Guard into states to deal with perceived dangers, a lesson he adopted after protests in Minnesota. That’s explicitly not how the National Guard works, with governors having joint authority on their deployment as a hedge against a president who might want to make a political statement by sending armed forces into the streets. A president, say, who had said, “When the looting starts, the shooting starts.”

“We need an all-out effort to defeat violent crime in America,” Trump said Tuesday. “And strongly defeat it. And be tough and be nasty and be mean if we have to.”

Also, because fun:

[​IMG]

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sure Biden did do
    Some of those things. The question I would ask Charlemagne is does he think Trump will be better on those issues than Biden?

#4850 rocketsjudoka, May 25, 2024
    Last edited: May 25, 2024
  11. Buck Turgidson

I also ponder on this same question

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

None of the people supporting Biden here have ever claimed he is perfect and for myself there are are issues I don’t agree with him on. We have to consider though what the alternative is.

Biden’s history is long and he has been on both sides of several
    Issues. If we look at where he is though his last term he genuinely appears to be interested in criminal justice reform. To be fair to Trump he did pas a criminal justice reform bill but he’s also make several statements condoning police brutality or even calling for it.

This like nearly all issues strikes as criticism of Biden without consideration of where Trump is on the issue.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Damn is my typing terrible. Going back to clean that up

14. Buck Turgidson

That's why I quoted it before you could fix it.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep it’s a monument to my less than nimble fingers

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

17. Buck Turgidson

That strikes me as a very not good thing to do

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yet you have no problem with Obama commuting the sentence of a known traitor simply because they were transgender.

19. Buck Turgidson

Huh?

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Incredible! Hell yeah!