1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Presidents of Harvard, MIT, Penn, Columbia should be forced to resign

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Rusty Parker

Rusty Parker New Member

there are Jewish program houses at a lot of U.S. colleges and universities. not always referred to as "fraternities" or "sororities"

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why not?

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

It seems odd to me, especially in 2024.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Haven't heard about any graduation ceremonies being cancelled, or significantly disrupted. So I guess that's a positive with this story. If you would have only followed ATW's posts the past 4 weeks you'd believe that colleges around the US were now in ruins, and college kids now have to operate in tunnels like Hamas hostages.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Absolutely. Especially in a business, the bottom line trumps the free speech of employees. If the issue was presented as Harvard is hemorrhaging money as long as this woman is the President, then they should fire her and bring in someone that benefits the University. Bud Light's disastrous trans ad campaign, is a perfect example. The exec who came up with it should be fired, not because they support LGBT issues, but because they cost the investors money.

7. Nook

Nook Member

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AroundTheWorld and ROXRAN like this.
  9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Buck Turgidson

First Amendment?

As long as they're not violent or "intimidating", they can do what they want

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is that post-post-op Rachael Dolezai?

Weird in a sense where if drugs and koolaid aren't passed around, then you don't feel like You're In.

But if they are being passed around with hints of group play, then you just realized you're knee deep in a ****in cult.

#1932 Invisible Fan, May 24, 2024
    Last edited: May 24, 2024
    basso likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

And @FranchiseBlade this is what I meant when I said we need less college if this is the sh.it they are turning out. You can’t defend nonsense although I’m sure you will try

15. ROXRAN

Noticing a trend.. I graduated from mere SHSU in Texas with a B.B.A. ..back when you could pay off tuition working part time and focused on education. Encampment and professional protesting at the detriment of an education was oddly not a thing

#1935 ROXRAN, May 25, 2024
    Last edited: May 25, 2024
    basso likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And if you think this crap is representative of all college students or even anything close to a majority, then you need to educate yourself and stop being such easy prey for the social media pushers.

I don't know if that is even real. Neither you nor I have read any of the supporting documentation behind it if it is something real. The only thing of which we can be certain is that it was put out there and highlighted to demean a university education. You bought into it without doing any research, verification, or looking into how representative of college students it is in the first place.

I don't need to defend or not defend.

#1936 FranchiseBlade, May 25, 2024
    Last edited: May 25, 2024
    Xopher and Amiga like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

College protests predate your BS degree.

Xopher likes this.
  18. ROXRAN

O definitely, protest against continued Vietnam war involvement I get that

the trend I'm noticing of the most violent and disruptive encampments with volatile antisemitism and from the graph supports that ...its blatant and obvious the highly expensive colleges are where these kids aren't working their way through college to pay for $60,000 a year tuition-

There's something to be said about practicality- i'm not saying lower tier colleges are better when they are more affordable because they don't have protests but It's interesting that the focus is more on education it appears than learning disruptive protests

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Protesting is part of college life worldwide; it has been that way for a while. It's not any more violent or disruptive—probably less so today. Don't let the media fool you. Some of these well-off kids who can afford these colleges will be your next rich, elite lawyers, judges, and politicians who will frown upon college protests.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. ROXRAN

https://www.gold.ac.uk/our-people/p...-international-relations/pg/victoria-burgher/