1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. AB

AB Contributing Member

In the last 20 or so presidential debates, did you find any question that you would not have guessed??

Because I did not. And If someone like me could guess, why would a multi-million dollar campaigns need leaked questions?

It is not like they do some investigative journalism and pull something that we did not think of in a debate. Most questions are related to the topics that are already even on this discussion board. I don't believe there is much curiosity there.

I think it is just about how much they understand the issue, how prepared they are and how convincingly they can deliver. Rest of it is all noise and spin that networks put together catering their respective fan bases!!

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It truly is a silly attack, bordering on specious. Every interaction with press is carefully scripted. I have built hundreds of briefing books that include bios, pictures, past interactions, anticipated questions and suggested answers/talking points. Usually preceded by a prep session or two. If I have done my job well I contacted the people attending in advance to get an idea of their questions. But as you said, most questions can easily be anticipated and connected to each reporter.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The gloves are coming off...

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mitt Romney and Candy Crowley faint.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AroundTheWorld, ROXRAN and Salvy like this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

link should work for everyone

More voters are identifying as Republicans. That could bode ill for Democrats in November.
    A seven-point Democratic advantage when Trump was first elected in 2016 has evaporated. The parties are now at parity.

https://wapo.st/4azusIr

excerpt:

Imagine you are planning to run a few miles on a treadmill as part of your regular workout. You can do this with the treadmill in a level position, or you can set it at an incline. It isn’t hard to determine which would make for an easier session at the gym.

That’s the way that Bill McInturff, a veteran Republican pollster, described what he sees as the significance of data that shows Republicans now at parity with Democrats on party identification. “This is the under recognized game changer for 2024,” he posted on X, formerly Twitter, a few days ago. “Republicans competing on a level playing field.”

The data that McInturff was citing comes from surveys for NBC News that his firm, Public Opinion Strategies, has done jointly with the Democratic firm Hart Research Associates for many years. The slide he posted showed that, among registered voters, 41 percent now identify as Republicans, 40 percent as Democrats. In 2016, Democrats had an advantage of seven percentage points.

That split between Republicans and Democrats still leaves 19 percent of registered voters as independents. Some lean toward one of the two major parties; the remainder are true independents, capable of determining the outcome of an election.

In a subsequent telephone interview, McInturff expanded on his thinking. “The lines have crossed for the very first time in a long time and that’s a very big deal,” he said. “It’s not that Republicans are always going up, it’s that the Democrats are dropping [in party identification].”
    more at the link

11. adoo

adoo Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so, which is it, more or at parity?

but according to data provided in his post on X, more voters identify as Dems

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Dumbest freaking ad ever. Can’t even be creative with all the bold face lies. Only a brainwashed leftist clown will believe in this piece of hot garbage. A total waste of good money!

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Brian Rosenwald/”The World According to Brian”on Substack:

What You Need to Know About Politics 5/24 My analysis of stunning new polling spotlighting how ill-informed Americans are and a roundup of must read stories.

Americans are woefully ill-informed. That’s the only conclusion one can reach from a bunch of new polls that are chronicled in the links section below.

According to a new Harris poll for the Guardian, 55% of respondents think the economy is shrinking, 56% think the U.S. is in a recession, 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, and 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50 year high. A whopping 72% also say they think inflation is increasing.

There is only one problem. NONE of those things is true. The market went up roughly 24% in 2023 and is up another 12% this year. The unemployment rate is under 4%, a near 50 year low. GDP is growing and there hasn’t been a recession since early in the pandemic year of 2020. And the inflation rate is dropping — down to 3.4% in April.

It’s no wonder President Biden’s approval ratings are so low: 58% of those polled said the economy is worsening due to his mismanagement

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Thanks for posting this. I'm sending it along to relatives who get their news from the tv news.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This weekend we are looking at record travel numbers for Memorial Day weekend. Not exactly an economy shrinking and in recession when airports and highways are packed along with record bookings at hotels

adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

They're older, so they will appreciate me thinking of them at all

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

the S&P 500 one is especially stupid because all it takes is u checking your portfolio if u have one or a 2 second google search

20% of people blame Biden for the overturning of Roe v Wade

I have been taking polls with a mountain of salt for a long time now, but atp, any poll that isn’t showing results divided into Democrats, those claiming to be independent, and MAGATs isn’t worth my time…MAGATs are smooth brained and can skew any poll with their stupidity

Is it 20% Democrats that believe unemployment is at an all-time high, 35% “indepedents”, and 95% MAGATs?

Xopher, FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.