1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote For My Son For Grifter Of The Year

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobrek, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

I'm having some pretty good fun in my 40's (and 30's...and 20's...), so I'm not sure about all that. Life is what you make it.

AleksandarN likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fun is fine, I'm talking about over the top excess.

Drinking is fine, but if you're still drinking a half gallon of bourbon or vodka a night or every other night and regularly washing it down with multiple hard drugs and taking on numerous sexual partners you barely know every month in your 40's..... you'll either have to be very lucky and have amazing genes, or you're gonna have a bad time sooner rather than later.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's weird reading the flood of info coming out now -- some of the things he was doing and streaming were very dark. It seems he made a lot of enemies in that strange youtube sub culture and people have been waiting to dump all sorts of crazy clips of his streams. Their kids are going to be taken and jail time is a real possibility if it's accurate they had guns and large amounts of several drugs with them in the car.

4. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, of course you slow down as you get older

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Above all else I hope he and his wife gets the help they desperately need and that children are in a safe place.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This guy strikes me as some kind of bizzaro-world Legal Eagle.

Social media and modern politics (read: culture war, etc) are an abyss.

As you stare into them, they stare back into you.

I'm never that shocked to see someone who dives face first into it to come out worse for wear on the other side.

I hope Nick and his family get the help they need.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When you have 500k subscribers on a non-Youtube platform, the money and access can affect your head more than you think. It's why pre-70s Churches told their followers to stay away from fame and politics.

Rules become more abstract and the rush of your followers fools you into thinking you're above it.

But if They start letting you grab them by their p*****s, a bit hard to resist that itch.

Not sure what you'd want him to say, but I can't claim I was always above being aggressively curious over a person's intensely private matters....

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh damn, I didn't realize he had an ounce of cocaine when he got busted.... he could do 30 years over this.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nothing I expect him to say. Was more about reaching out to him to see how he’s doing.

I figure if he wants to speak out about it publicly he will.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was just reading a local news article about Nick and he might be a neighbor of another local Judo Sensei.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope for the best for @bobrek and his son and their whole family. @bobrek is a good man and I feel bad for having upset him at times.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His arraignment was posted on youtube -- 25+ grams coke/ meth max 25 years/ $500,000 fine, gun/ ammo misdemeanor max 364 days/ $3000 fine, child endangerment misdemeanor max 364 days/ $3000 fine (I might be a little off on fines). He was representing himself and I don't see how he avoids years in prison -- hard to believe he went so long without someone calling CPS or staging an intervention. CPS could have been a savior since they would have an easy case to remove the children and Nick and his wife would be dealing with family court instead of major charges in criminal court.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

why were the cops serving a search warrant on his house. The gun charges and child endangerment are based on the drugs in the house? Having a gun under your bed in the master bedroom doesn't seem like a huge deal otherwise.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His pastor is a mandatory reporter of potential harm to children and the story is that he showed up to church hammered drink and strung out on drugs having driven his kids.

So the pastor legally had to report it.

The cops show up to serve the warrant and he refuses to let them in so they break the door down and search the house.

They find over an ounce of coke, ketamine, drug paraphernalia, guns, and ammunition and 4 children.

Under Minnesota law it's a crime to possess a firearm if you are also in possession of illicit narcotics so that's where that charge comes from.

It's also illegal to be in possession of illicit narcotics in the presence of children, so that's the 3rd charge.

Nick and his wife got all 3 charges, the mistress just got the drug charge.... but it's possible she rolled over on them immediately because she was released before either of the other 2 even had their arraignment.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why is drunk driving a search warrant instead of an arrest warrant or just opening an investigation?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking the recent live stream where he was hammered drunk and clearly still had coke all over his nose might have been used as cause for a search warrant

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I don’t think he gets years in jail. To my knowledge it is his first offense. He might end up with a drug diversion program and several years of probation. In Minnesota I think they lean more on rehabilitation than incarceration when it comes to addictions on first offense. I could be wrong. Unless he gets charged for distribution. I just don’t see years in jail.

Invisible Fan and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

If there weren't children and guns involved I'd agree with you.

This is sad all the way around.

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I think the gun charge was because of drugs present. He didn’t own the gun illegally. The child endangerment charge will be more punitive when it comes to custody then it is for jail time. Hopefully they get the help they need especially for the children who are the most important party involved. I agree it is pretty sad.

20. Buck Turgidson

No s!!t, right?