1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Mad Max: Furiosa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Buck Turgidson

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

9/10. Fury Road was a top ten movie of the decade for me. So I wasn’t expecting anything to top that. Few sequels/prequels ever do. But it got as close as you could possibly hope.

Where Fury Road was a balls to the wall non stop frenetic action film, Furiosa takes its time with the Wasteland universe and its principal characters. The actions sequences are still fantastic but I liked the structure of the film and how it explored the world.

Thors character is a bit hammy, a bit over the top but not distracting. It fits with the tone of the film.

5. Buck Turgidson

This all the review I need to hear.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched it last night, really enjoyed it but a more methodical approach here compared to Fury Road. I liked the slower approach, Joy doesn't show up until about an hour into the film but Miller really sets the stage for the world the characters inhabit, visuals were fantastic across the board and the three big action set pieces were really well done. I was worried about Taylor Joy taking this role on but she's really delivered and Hemsworth stole every scene he was in which isn't nearly as many as the trailer make you believe. Overall, a strong B+

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree. I wasn't sure about that casting decision, but she nailed it. Only 30 lines or something like that, but she's great when speaking, not speaking, driving, whatever else.

GRENDEL likes this.
  8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’ll wait until it streams, whatevs…

9. Buck Turgidson

CHIHUAHUAN DESERT, TX—Tearing through the desert wasteland with a fleet of self-driving Tesla Model 3s in pursuit, a mechanical-armed Grimes reportedly fled Elon Musk’s compound Friday with five of the tech leader’s wives in the back of a stolen Cybertruck. Grimes is said to have floored the accelerator and thrown her whole weight into the steering wheel when she veered off course, leaving a trail of sand spewing into the air behind her as she and the rest of the women in the armored vehicle attempted to escape to the idyllic, faraway land of Grimes’ childhood, which she simply called “Canada.” According to reports, Musk was enraged upon discovering the highly prized wives missing from his home, all of whom were his SpaceX employees and one of whose due date was mere weeks away. At press time, sources confirmed the chase had come to an abrupt halt after every Tesla broke down at the same time.

https://www.theonion.com/mechanical-armed-grimes-flees-elon-musk-compound-with-f-1851488909

Ottomaton, Xerobull and B-Bob like this.
  10. B-Bob

Far be it for me to interfere with a heartfelt "whatevs," but if you enjoy any movies on the big screen, this is one to try. I'm glad I did, and I don't see that many movies in the theater anymore. I'll go see this one on the big screen again, just to take in the details and cinematography.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#111 zeeshan2, May 26, 2024
    Last edited: May 26, 2024
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Needed more Tom Hardy

13. B-Bob

Makes me teh sad. One of the better action movies created since Fury Road, but no, choads gonna choad.

Give us moar marvel pew pew. Beams out of hands pleez.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I am being self-critical, I just don't have the patience or desire to see a single movie in theaters (or stream them after the fact) this summer. The last movie I saw in theaters was Oppenheimer last summer. It's not even a cost issue.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

bombed at the box office, and I’m not surprised

I haven’t been to a movie theater in ages…atp, a movie comes out, I get a general feel for how it’s been received, and if it interests me, I’ll watch it on streaming in the comfort of my own home a few months down the road

Idk how big a movie would have to be for me to go to theater again

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Fury Road struggled at the box office also, the Mad Max series has a very niche audience, no matter how great the movies are.

And I guess you'll be happy to know Marvel's movies are bombing also...but people aren't going to see other things. Marvel was keeping the the box office afloat, not keeping other movies down.

I still enjoy going to the theaters, it's a different experience that I enjoy and can't get at home. But by and large people aren't going to theaters anymore.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Seems to do well in Houston, every screening especially the D-box is packed and if you ever drive on 6-10 loop it looks like a mad max movie, lolol. People can't drive

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not really into the Mad Max modern movies.

DD

Rocket River and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

cool

B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

really like fury road but did not find this as enjoyable. Didnt really care for all of the gore and movie went about 20-30 minutes too long. Could have added some depth with the praetorian jack character. anya was okay just dont buy her as a tough survivor in this world. shes like 5'3 and 70lbs.
    3/10 furiosa
    9/10 for fury road