1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inflation at its highest in 40 years…

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 10, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's called capitalism. Target is lowering it's prices to be more competitive. Costco is raising them due to a period of high demand:

https://corporate.target.com/press/...ring-prices-on-5,000-frequently-shopped-items

So shop at Target and contribute to capitalism by lowering Costco demand, and forcing them to lower their prices.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I will stay at costco. My wife can keep target in business. Thanks for the economics lesson though lol.

Corrosion and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. dobro1229

No problem. Part of the privilege of Capitalism is the duty of the consumer to stay informed, be able to do basic math on price/value, and reward businesses with your consumer dollar if they are offering you the most value at the best price.

I assume much of the folks that hate Biden's policy of free market capitalism just want him to shift our economy to a Communist model which removes the role of the consumer out of the equation, and a Communist Biden Supreme Leader just takes full control of pricing.

Since you are not too hot on Biden's continuation of a capitalistic market, I assume you are open to shifting towards a more communistic model? It would put a halt on supply and demand driven inflationary rates.

Xopher likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lol at the last paragraph. Get bent.

Corrosion and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Prices are artificially increased
    It's not supply and demand
    its what I can I get away with

Rocket River

DFWRocket likes this.
  6. dobro1229

Ohhh... "Get Bent"... I don't know why you are displaying such hostility. I'm merely just a fair minded independent voting citizen simply... "asking questions." I was very much looking forward to giving Donald Trump and Republicans an honest look at earning my vote but... gee golly... I don't know if I can get there when his supporters are just so gosh darn mean spirited towards me. If only Trump supporters were just a little more civilized then maybe, just maybe I would be able to see eye to eye with them, and vote the same way.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, I have not shown any Communist leanings so your question was passive aggressive. I am sure we would see eye to eye on a lot but you continue to be a dishonest poster. Don't let "get bent" upset you. I am the least hostile poster here.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. dobro1229

No sh#t Sherlock lol.

In case you need it to be spelled out for you, or you didn't catch my drift.... I was using a tactic that is called "Gaslighting" in a sarcastic and obvious manner to make what is called "a point."

Astrodome likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Such toxicity. The emotional damage of reading political garbage much be a workplace hazard or something.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Why aren't we comparing end of 2020 prices?

Commodore likes this.
  12. Commodore

13. adoo

adoo Member

actually, Target’s price-gouging tactics back-fired, losing lots of its customers to Walmart & Costco.

it had to lower prices to win back customers

14. Buck Turgidson

Every one of your CFA 2024 prices is a dollar too high

15. Commodore

16. adoo

adoo Member

vivid of eg of price gauging.

as a result, ] demand dropped

Target, Ikea, Aldi, McDonald’s and Wendy’s are among several well-known brands that have announced lower prices in recent weeks. in an attempt to win back customers

McDonald’s announced a $5 value meal set to hit stores next month. Wendy’s followed suit on Monday, releasing a $3 deal that features a breakfast sandwich and potatoes.

Aldi, a nationwide grocery chain, said earlier this month that it would lower prices on 250 items, reducing, for instance, the price of sirloin steak from $8.49 to $6.99.

cheke64 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's 50c or a dollar too cheap in CA.

Maybe that's why theyre able give away sandwiches after every Angels out Lakers game if they hit a score target...

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

How dumb do you have to be to blame this on price gouging and shrinkflation? Americans are simply not buying that. Companies need to turn a profit and obviously their costs have gone way up as Biden's runaway spending has driven inflation sky high. The customer always ends up paying for the fiscal irresponsibility of government. No different this time around. And Biden's bad policy has hurt low-and-middle income families the most.

It's time for a change -- Biden's got to go.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Imagine running a storefront and in comes @adoo and @astros123 screaming at you for trying to make the most profit, demanding free product and cash payouts because your model makes the MMT demigod Biden look like an idiot.

MMT fanatics never bothered to read further on what their Kenseyean Jesus had to say....Debts matter.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

No it is people like Salvy blaming Biden for companies tying to make the most profit. Take a look at what products have the highest inflation now. I will give you a hint. It isn't non-essential goods. Food corporations are making record profit margins.

DFWRocket likes this.