1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly what I said. Trump talked about injecting disinfectant. And people get upset that some folks changed the word disinfectant for bleach (which is a disinfectant).

It is a difference without a distinction. The actual video and Trump's own words show he's insane. He also went on to talk about how impressed the medical personnel were with suggestions.

I know you aren't a Trump supporter, but if you think using synonyms interchangeably is the biggest issue, your anti-left bias might be interfering.

astros123 likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

i wish that you'd stop lying

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You think asking a doctor about the feasibility of doctors developing a treatment based on disinfectants and the treating people with that treatment is synonymous with suggesting people drink bleach? If anyone's bias is interfering, I think it is yours. Watch the video again. Where does he suggest any individual citizen do anything? Where does he suggest drinking anything? I agree that Trump doesn't know anything about medicine, but clearly on the video you can hear the doctor patronizing him and saying they will have the right people look into his suggestions. The difference between Trump having a dialog with a doctor where he throws out stupid ideas and the doctor says, something along the lines of, yeah, we'll look into that and Trump telling people to drink bleach is miles wide.
    I literally provided the video of his exact words.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It isn't far from it. Yes you did and it doesn't help your client in any way shape or form. His ideas are f'n nuts and not medically sound or reasonable at all. He then claims the doctors said they were going to test his ideas of putting disinfectant into the lungs or hitting the body with powerful light.

It is stupid to a B student in anything above the 7th grade.

5. adoo

adoo Member

you lied about what the video said.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

As a lawyer, it is night and day. One is an offhand suggestion to something an expert could consider looking into. The other is a call to action directly to the consumer.
    Obviously, anyone can see the video. Except maybe @adoo, who thinks I lied about what was in the video. Maybe it is blocked for him.
    He isn't my client. I am prosecuting the slander of you and @adoo. Adoo claimed he said to drink bleach and you said he told people to inject it. Both are obviously false claims given the video, are they not?
    Yeah, he is an idiot. What part of that was unclear?
    Which, if you watch the video, is just what happened. The doctor played along with him and said, "We'll get the right folks who could." The doctor knows he is an idiot and isn't coming up with the cure for COVID at the podium, but he fed his ego.
    The question was not whether Trump is stupid. Who is challenging that? The question was, did he tell anyone to drink bleach, or was that a lie?

#2346 StupidMoniker, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Invisible Fan and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Musk did a wonderful job at stupefying the American general public.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/22/poll-economy-recession-biden

The poll highlighted many misconceptions people have about the economy, including:
    • 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.

• 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.

• 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

link should work for everyone

Joe Biden’s 2024 Election Bribes
    The president is using the U.S. Treasury like a 1920s party boss’s safe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens...0ilf3bobd96&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

excerpt:

What must be more maddening to the White House is the scant political benefit from the multitrillions in spending—sorry, “investments”—it spread across the country through the bipartisan infrastructure bill, the Chips Act and the misnamed Inflation Reduction Act. The last alone committed nearly $400 billion in subsidies and tax credits for renewable-energy projects and electric vehicles. In all, the Biden handouts run to about $1.6 trillion.

Much of this is intended to unlock private spending to “create” jobs. I’d still call it election bribery on a never-seen scale. Many of the green-energy projects—EV sales, charging stations, offshore wind farms—would be dormant absent federal pulleys. Lately, Mr. Biden’s days seem to be filled with Air Force One trips to projects, plant openings and jobs conjured out of this spending.

Politico recently estimated that only 17% of these laws’ $1.1 trillion in direct investment has actually been spent. The White House’s political shop must have expected a better media-announcement effect from what until lately it called Bidenomics. But there hasn’t been much beyond maybe an endorsement from the United Auto Workers’ leftwing president, Shawn Fain.

Again, there’s nothing unusual about a Democratic spend-and-elect strategy. But as practiced even a century ago by urban political machines, winning required a theoretically electable candidate. From the start, when Mr. Biden’s personal liabilities already were apparent, this White House has focused less on touting his leadership than on funneling financial benefits to the re-election base.

That’s a lot of political funding failure. What happened? The corrosive effect of inflation is the short answer. But voters in many polls also cite the economy as their top priority. The more interesting long-term explanation may be that most of the public, including more minority voters, no longer consider federal handouts an adequate substitute for the real economy, which produces paychecks and a durable personal dignity.
    more at the link

Astrodome likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The meaning of anyone attributing those statements to Trump and Trump's own exact words are showing the exact same thing which is that he's an insane idiot with crazy ideas that he took seriously. The ideas he had were about injecting disinfectant and getting disinfectant inside the lungs. Also hitting the body with powerful light or getting it inside the body.

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that Republicans, some who didn’t even vote for those bills are running on projects funded from the infrastructure bills. So the Republicans are also making election year bribes per the logic of the op-ed.

FranchiseBlade and Xopher like this.
  11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

It will never not amaze me that people can watch this--or any 10 consecutive seconds of Trump talking in the last 10 years--and not think he's a complete moron.

astros123, Andre0087 and Amiga like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not drinking bleach but injecting bleach.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Whoa, that's a new low. Now, legitimate congressional and executive actions are being branded as bribes? Amazing.

The infrastructure act, CHIPS Act, and Inflation Reduction Act are serious pieces of legislation that went through the constitutional wringer before becoming law. Whether you agree with them or not, they weren’t just thrown together in a backroom deal—they were debated, voted on, and signed by the President.

Calling these laws mere "election bribery" is a hyper-partisan stretch that ignores the real policy goals behind them. The infrastructure law is about fixing our crumbling roads and bridges—not exactly a "handout." The CHIPS Act aims to boost American semiconductor production, which is critical for our economy and security. And the Inflation Reduction Act tackles issues like climate change, healthcare costs, and tax reform. These are significant policy decisions, not just political stunts.

Sure, you can critique the specifics and potential downsides of these laws. But reducing them to nothing more than political bribes? That's partisan hackery at a new height. It's an embarrassing and shameful low to phrase legitimate processes and government responsibilities as nothing more than bribery. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this author and those who agree with this OpEd don't see actions, like the tax cuts for the wealthy, the farm bailout, the pardons, the Saudi arms deals (not so legit, but whatever), and the COVID stimulus checks (and so on) that occurred during the previous administration, as bribes.

astros123 likes this.
  14. astros123

astros123 Member

Why are you spamming this thread with your bullshit. Go post it in your 450+ conspiracies thread. You right wingers destroy every thread with your garbage.

Onshoring manufacturing is now "bribing" according to this dofus

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

16. astros123

astros123 Member

You're telling me @Os Trigonum posts disingenuous articles with no merit cuz hates biden?? No way? He's been doing this on these forums for years. He has a 450+ page thread where he posted fake OPeds while getting a boner thinking biden was going to be arrested

Hes a fkin hack job and a utter loser

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Hunter’s laptop IS real, says … the Biden Justice Department

https://nypost.com/2024/05/22/opinion/hunters-laptop-is-real-says-the-biden-justice-department/

18. astros123

astros123 Member

What a sad sad pathetic life some of you boomers have. 450+ page thread filled with conspiracies and you morons learned nothing. Go pop a viagara and do something with your life

#2358 astros123, May 23, 2024
    Last edited: May 23, 2024
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont think i've seen a president get this much abuse, outside of Trump...who deserved it.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well then you must be like 12 years old. In reality Biden's public persona and policies get made fun of very little because he's not as culturally present as most other presidents are for better or worse. That doesn't mean he's popular, but it is the truth that he by far gets less cultural negative attention that he predecessors.

I lived through the W Bush years. I remember the Clinton years. W had so much great protest art that was solely inspired by hatred for what that man did. One of the greatest bands ever (the best IMO) released a masterpiece F you Bush record named "Hail to the Thief (the Commander and Chief)".

Then there was Obama and the right.... holy crap dude. You must really have memory lapse issues if you think Obama had it easy. Even though he remained popular on the left, this man was HATED with a passion, and still is. Evangelical Christians normalized the theory that he literally was the Antichrist. Like no joke. They spread theories that he was a literal demon, and people said that he smelled like Sulphur because he was a demonic shapeshifting lizard.

So obviously you have a very very poor recollection of how America treats it's sitting presidents, or maybe you don't live in America and so you only follow this stuff now since social media gives you access you didn't have in the last 40 years or so.

Xopher and astros123 like this.