1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 14, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Buck Turgidson

This made me laugh a few years ago, and it's seasonal-appropriate:

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah, this is just not going to feel like Beverly Hills Cop. Nothing to do with Eddie, the plot, script, directing etc. Just too much time has passed. Rarely if ever do sequels with over even a period of 5 to 10 years feel like it's actually the same franchise and good enough to warrant it.

For me, aside from Avatar obviously, only Dumb & Dumber Too and both Bad Boys sequels comes to mind. 3 might actually be my favorite and it still feels like it was part of the same universe with all key actors there for every single movie, but it helped that between the first and the second movie there was already a significant time jump. Now that the captain is dead, not sure 4 will feel similar.

For Eddie and this movie, it doesn't help that Coming to America didn't need a sequel and was a huge disappointment, just objectively nothing like the first and stripped of any originality with a lot of the characters and tone. Even the Barbershop scenes couldn't save it. I will still go see it, but ever since they announced a potential 4th movie - probably started a decade ago - it got the same reaction from me as with any attempt to revive a franchise for a quick buck: Why, unnecessary and please don't.

Jontro likes this.
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

The only thing from Murphy's back catalog that might translate into a streamer series is a sequel or reworking of The Golden Child.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Buck Turgidson

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Trailer has dropped..
    I'm up for it.

FrontRunner, Jontro and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

3 decades since the last one. umm.

9. SuraGotMadHops

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

is this targeting the 60-70 year old crowd? i dunno if my grandad would be interested

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Axel Foley should be a household name for your grandpa.

ROCKSS and Jontro like this.
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I have to say, it looks really, really good.

13. Buck Turgidson

His Dolemite movie was fun, but he was just a dude playing a dude pretending to be another dude

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

It looks more like an action movie than the first 2 movies (never saw the 3rd)

15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Yeah, outside of the first truck scene there weren't a lot of memorable action scenes (like any). But bigger explosions and all that are the way of sequels these days and I'll take it.

What gives me hope is that the chase scenes, wrecks, etc. in this look to all be live action. And nothing was taken to Good Day to Die Hard level ridiculousness.

16. Buck Turgidson

What 3rd? ;)

DFWRocket likes this.