1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring ya A** to Minnesota

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, May 21, 2024.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I recall we were talking about seeing the Stros playoff game too.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

https://www.eichtenbison.com/
    [​IMG]
    [Cool story] I once asked a guy from this farm if the "Buffalo Mozzarella" was made with actual bison milk. He told me if I wanted to try to milk one of the bison good luck trying..

3. Nook

Nook Member

I like Minneapolis-St. Paul overall. It is a progressive place that isn't afraid to take chances - which leads them as leaders of innovation in someways. There is a lot of optimism, which I do not see in much of the world, that I find in the Twin Cities.

The state is very pretty and very clean. I think that it is actually a better place to visit for tourists than a lot of other bigger cities that get attention.

The downside is the weather - the area is a lot more diverse than it was 40 years ago too, and IMO that is where their best long term food choices come into play.

Having said that - I would rate it as a mediocre or worse place overall for cuisine. Places like St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee and Cleveland are all in that region and have better cuisine. I do think that will change though, as TWC is more accommodating, in general to immigrants than some other cities.

I don't live there - but having visited a lot, I would say it is probably a good place to live your life or raise a family if you have a solid job.

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

St Louis has some great Italian restaurants, The HIll is an old Italian neighborhood that has a ton of very old restaurants that are just awesome............and dang, Imo`s pizza was a wakeup call for me to try and find new types of pizza. Not a big fan of the city but the food was really good.

Ottomaton and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, St. Louis may have the best Italian food in the United States. I know that NYC has some very good Italian food, but a lot of it has been commercialized. The Italian food in Los Angeles is very overrated and there used to be very good Italian food in Chicago - but not anymore. All the Italians in Chicago married Polish women... so it's mostly Polish food. Also, never ever go eat at Little Italy in Chicago, they will say that its the Italian part of Chicago but there is no "Italian part of Chicago" anymore.

St. Louis has been hit hard by hard times - I can see why you wouldn't like the city.

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I challenge the idea that Milwaukee has better food than the Twin Cities. Not sure when the last time you were here but the diversity and type of food you can get here has greatly improved in the last 15 years.

Check the videos I posted early in this thread.

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I was in STL a couple years ago on a cross country trip and ate at this place called Guidos in the Hill. now maybe because this was my first meal to eat in 3 days (was doing a 72 hour water fast) but wow that thin crust STL style pizza was the best pizza I've ever had (veggie + chicken for the toppings). although I liked my time in STL, it's a weird town. felt kinda insular and cold. Not rude but just a "who are you" kind of vibe. Meanwhile its sister city across the state in KCMO felt more friendly and has the best BBQ in the nation.

But I really want to visit Minneapolis someday. Ever since @rocketsjudoka posted that Jucy Lucy when the Twins were facing the Astros in the playoffs, I have made just about all our family burgers that way since. It's become a staple haha

breh they make em tall and thicc in MN. chuckster gonna like that

9. Nook

Nook Member

It’s been between 3-5 years since I was really in MSP area. The food is getting better, but I’m honestly not impressed. I would say it has gone from bad (decades ago) to below average for a major city - but it is trending up.

As for Milwaukee - there isn’t as much selection, but what they do, they do well.

At the he end of the day it is all subjective and just my opinion.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Next time you visit let me know and will be happy to give you restaurant recommendations. I’ve been to Milwaukee a few times the past year and while it’s not bad I don’t think it has the diversity of food as the Twin Cities do.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Glad you and Carlos Correa like them. I actually don’t eat them very often. Too much cholesterol. I think the last time I had one was when the Stros closed out the Twins in the ALDS.

Tall but not necessarily thicc. A lot of tall willowy Scandinavian women like MN great Carrie Tollefson
    upload_2024-5-23_7-3-3.jpeg

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have to go to Madison Wi several times a year and I am not a fan of the food there, there are plenty of German restaurants and I am not a fan, there are some decent places but overall, I am not thrilled, if you like German food you would love it I am sure................now I will give them a 10 on cheese curds, never had them before and man are they good.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Wait for when they show the official proclamation from the Governor.