1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clingan v. Williams/Kessler/Lively

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, May 21, 2024.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I watch zero college basketball but is the draft so bad that your goal picking 3rd is a backup? That’s just sad, trade the pick then

RB713 likes this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

We drafted a backup at 4 last season.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

but the goal with amen was that he would eventually start, plus he was way better then our starting 3 last season as a rookie

RB713 likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right on bud.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Saar, Risacher, Castle, Sheppard are all ahead of Clingan imo. Topic as well, if he wasn't hurt.

6. lpbman

lpbman Member

To me, that just means you have team control over something closer to prime years before the big pay day. If one were projecting these guys to be a franchise player, then ok, it's about how high is the ceiling... not what can you do for me over the next 4 years.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think its about building the roster. Adding depth and pieces that you don't currently have.

What if OKC had a player of Clingan's elk against Dallas? More than likely, they win that series.

Outside of Chet, they had nothing on the interior

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

he would have crippled their offense and killed their spacing, so they likely lose even worse

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah. Everybody can play the what-if games. LOL

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Did Lively or Gafford cripple Dallas offense? You guys are so focused on Offense but there is another side of the game called....DEFENSE

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

dallas never plays 2 bigs, literally never. They're also built around a pick and roll guard, which is why those guys fit so well.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Draft Clingan
    Let Udoka mold him
    Let him get acclimated to the NBA
    Then start him with Sengun

If he’s Brook Lopez or Gobert then he can play with Sengun

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Edey is miles better than Clingan. Trade down a few spots ans steal Edey. Playoffs showing how important a tall guy is.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He knocked down a whopping 2 threes. Stop the presses!!! Edey shoots a smoother and better arching three and made 56% of 25 threes. Following the media’s narrative which is Clingan over Edey is not the way to go. Block out the noise and please youtube highlights of each player and you’ll see that one is the next Yao Ming (with help from Hakeem) and the other is the next Jock Landale (without the smooth three). I admire Jock, but no way in heck am I picking him 3rd. I’d certainly take Yao third.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

This is a 41 win team, probably better given a reasonably healthy season, picking 3rd. The quality of the draft may be lower than previous years but we'll still get to add the 3rd best prospect. If that makes you "sad", buddy it's time to log off and find something you enjoy.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Clingan moves like Frankenstein.