1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nikki Haley for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Would you rather her not vote? I thought you guys want people to exercise their right rather than sit it out. There is no way Biden is her choice. He is a train wreck. You should have expected this instead of going on a tweet storm.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

y'all mad republicans vote for republicans.

3. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Trump does not want a VP who is smarter than he is. This makes for a very short list.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's CEO or NBA GM speak for "Everything is Fine. We never floated the idea of taking offers for Jalen"

Everyone has a price. Hers was definitely not some gold standard we've been led to believe.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Kiss the ring

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

She made a promise to support the nominee back at the debate. I am sorry you guys are upset.

basso likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Not upset at all. In fact, nothing more than bemusement. I predicted she would turn to support trump, despite all her comments to the contrary. I knew she had no integrity and when the time was right, she would put party over country. That she would join past cucks like ugly wife cruz, lil' marco, and "mr." graham to "kiss the ring".

It was the self described "I support nikki, not trump" people that gushed about how different she was. But when push came to shove, she decided her integrity was not important. No surprise, it has been her modus operandi from the get go.

ROCKSS, FrontRunner and Andre0087 like this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but I don't remember her ever promising to not support/vote for Trump.

Invisible Fan and basso like this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

13. NewRoxFan

Where in the post you quoted did I say she promised not to vote for or support trump?

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

She had to sign a pledge to support the nominee to be on the debate stage. She later said no when asked if she's bound by that pledge.

Asked by NBC News’ “Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker, “So you’re no longer bound by that pledge?” Haley responded that she was not obligated to endorse former President Donald Trump if he becomes the Republican nominee. “No, I think I’ll make what decision I want to make, but that’s not something I’m thinking about,” she said

In order to participate in primary debates hosted by the Republican National Committee last fall, every candidate signed a pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee. Haley signed that pledge.

But in her “Meet the Press” interview, she blasted the RNC, saying, “The RNC is not the same RNC” and that “now it’s Trump’s” RNC.

“I mean, at the time of the debate, we had to take it to where, ‘Would you support the nominee,’ and in order to get on that debate stage, you said, ‘Yes,’” Haley said.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't think you're forgetting. She was always going to endorse him. This is a simple calculation. She did her darnedest to try to win. When she lost, her only choice to remain politically relevant was to support him—it mattered zero what she had said in the past. If she doesn't, she no longer has a job.

ROCKSS and Astrodome like this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The various posters here who think people are mad about this are not getting it. Her primary voters absolutely have the right to be mad given what she told them. For the rest of us who knew what was coming, we are just laughing at her and the "no contradiction" take. Y'all defending this are in love with these types of politicians.

ROCKSS and NewRoxFan like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

1) that tweet isn't proof of anything, unfortunately

2) "I predicted she would turn to support trump, despite all her comments to the contrary."

"It was the self described "I support nikki, not trump" people that gushed about how different she was. But when push came to shove, she decided her integrity was not important."

^^^ this sure sounds a lot like you think she reneged on a promise.

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I supported her and I wish she would've beat Trump. It is good for the party to now coalesce and support the candidate. Biden is formidable candidate and he will not be beat without some synergy on the right. Hell, he may win even if the whole party comes together. I hate these polls that say Biden is trailing because people will get complacent and not vote. Having Nikki is a great thing.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I supported her too as the Republican candidate. It was good for the country. I do not have blind loyalty to any party, and certainly not to party over country, basic decency, morals, and democracy.

The polls, with all their issues, are not to be ignored. Haley would be the clear favorite over Biden, while Trump is a small favorite over Biden.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I hope she at least managed to negotiate some kind of concession from Trump and didn't just give away her support for free.