1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[3rd pick] Who do you want?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 12, 2024.

?

Who do you want with the 3rd pick?

This poll will close on Jun 26, 2024 at 2:52 PM.
  1. Trade the pick

18.8%
  2. Zaccharie Risacher

8.8%
  3. Stephon Castle

1.8%
  4. Donovan Clingan

9.2%
  5. Zach Edey

2.8%
  6. Matas Buzelis

2.0%
  7. Rob Dillingham

4.7%
  8. Reed Sheppard

42.7%
  9. Nikola Topić

8.2%
  10. Dalton Knecht

1.0%
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Risacher’s best highlights (and most even from his fans who put together those videos) are running to the corner to catch and shoot. I can find that without spending #3.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

Spurs want Topic

3. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

I agree. It seems people are putting a lot of stock in his recent game. The box score looked nice and efficient. This video has Sam Vecenie remaining unimpressed. The opponents purposely left him open. He has done well to punish them and make his open looks but his scoring was from being left open in the corner. I am not impressed.

AroundTheWorld and MadMax like this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Side note: before the 3 point shot was a thing, my dad was a mother falcon SNIPER from the corner. They drew up plays to get him open. Came off the bench as a freshman in a game once and scored 14 points in 10 mins. You needed to know this. #YouAllCare

Rashmon, TEXNIFICENT and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I prefer not to pile on Iko. Frankly, this was one of his better articles as it had insight into stuff that was happening as opposed to some of his articles where maybe he was interviewing Stone and its all just him as a mouthpiece for the organization effectively.

That said... Iko is also the guy that had some of the most ridiculous trade suggestions you will EVER see in your life last offseason. Don't believe me? In an actual article, on the Athletic, he suggested trading KJ Martin, Tate, the #4 pick last year and this year's Nets pick (now 3rd) for..... Cam Johnson...

lol

7. JayZ750

Yeah, my view mirrors Sam's exactly at this point

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This is the reason i dont get the hype about him.

In his clips they run offense specifically for him to get open catch and shoot threes. Ive seen basically no creation at all from him -- self or for others.

I dont think hes good enough to be the center of a teams offense in that manner and you'd have to project him to become MUCH more than what he's shown to be more than even a third option on a good team.

People like to say Reed is a spot up shooter only for some reason and act like Risacher is Banchero. Other than skin color and height i just dont get it.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I think this kid is the real sleeper of the draft.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

:eek:

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Your description sort of sounds like a Robert Horry, Nic Batum, or Jabari Smith Jr., which sounds rather disappointing from a top-5 pick, but is probably above the expected median outcome, even in a draft with an average depth of talent.

It's quite possible that he ends up being the actual high-floor, low-ceiling prospect out of the top of this draft that plays for a decade, even though as a European teenager his profile screams high-risk, high-reward.

I'm still not 100% convinced on the shooting being real; the low FT% and dropoff in 3PT% could obviously just come from being a teenager and tiring out over a very long season, but I think a lot of his stock is because when he took shots they looked pretty and went in, while for Buzelis, his shot looks great but it didn't.

yixiixiy and Nook like this.
  12. JayZ750

Everyone knows of him now and he's mocked in the lotto a lot of the time. Still not a great shooter. mostly a play finisher with athleticism.
    Solid... kinda like the other French kid but not as accomplished or as good as a shooter.

Will all depend on his development.

13. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Here is a gem from the those GMS and smart draft experts

Edwards number 1 pick

Y2JT, subtomic, xtruroyaltyx and 9 others like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Interesting that you group Jabari in with Batum and Horry. I somewhat understand what you’re saying. But by the time Jabari finishes his age 22 season which was Horry’s rookie season he will have already scored about 70% of Horry’s total career points. Hell Jabari will likely score more points total than Batum and Horry combined in their collective careers.

Folks are really underselling what Jabari has done at 20 years old against starters in the NBA. If he increases his 3pt% a bit more he will be killer.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

people forget it takes bigs a little longer; gotta be patient. Bari still growing into his body. I expect a nice jump next year.

r-fan-since-81 and Plowman like this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I still don't think Jabari will ever be an All-NBA caliber player, but he is definitely on track to be a high-quality starter for a long time. I hope he is willing to give us a small discount when it's time to sign an extension, because he would be perfect on a Dillon Brooks + inflation type of deal, around 50% of the max. I fear the market price for a guy with his talent level will be more like 70-80% of the max, though, which goes to show how valuable his archetype is.

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He’s 18 and his game is coming along rapidly.l (At nearly 7 feet tall) . He can play inside and outside. You can tell he has a good touch plus he plays hard all the time. His upside is very, very high.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Iko eternalized himself as a dumbass with those trade proposals.

AroundTheWorld and JayZ750 like this.
  19. JayZ750

Right.... but he's only about 4 months younger than Riscacherre... neither seem to be on ball guys. They seem similar size wise and athleticism wise (Salaun probably more athletic). Risacherre obviously has had the much more successful season in effectively the same league... except in addition to the LNB-Pro A they both play in, Risacherre also has games against actually Euroleague/Eurocup.

Not saying one will ultimately be better than the other, just explaining why one is mocked higher right now.

AroundTheWorld and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It’s going to be interesting to see what Stone decides @ #3.