1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White ain't just afraid of flying

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by VoR, Aug 23, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This sounds like a privileged upbringing.

jboslett likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Royce ends up not receiving the nomination for the senate seat I think he would be a perfect VP candidate.

dobro1229, peleincubus and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Royce White would follow Terrence Howard's logic that 1 + 1 does not equal 2, but Royce White isn't a follower. He's a leader.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Royce White needs to consider a Donatas Motiejunas endorsement to supercharge his campaign.

That man knows his rights.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Serious question, did they just have no other candidates willing to run? Or did they really look at this schizophrenic off the meds and still decide to nominate him?

Amiga and clos4life like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And he's going to throw somebody under the bus if he loses.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

9. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Welp! Game over man! They got him on his horrible history on social media. Still, I admire Royce for what he's doing. But, for you youngsters in here, if it weren't for his fear of flying and not being a jerk, Royce White would have been a beast in the league.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

What? Mentally weak. He was a Scrub

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What’s ironic is Royce White is basically the made up caricature that folks on the right fantasize folks on the left really are like. The dude literally faked a mental illness, and a dumb one at that, just because his entitled ass couldn’t handle the fact that he wasnt good enough to not have to go to the Valley for a few weeks. Now this is who the right wants to champion in the “pull up your bootstraps” party??

fchowd0311 and cmlmel77 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do think he is crazy or a legit sociopath, a normal basketballer would not be like this.

The one thing though he has not gone the KPJ way because if he did he would be sitting in prison.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh yeah I mean there was definitely evidence that the love of the game, and sports in general just wasn't something he came to the table with. His big talent really was the flashy passes in the open court, and one could argue that he was really just into the "show" of the game, and not really the game itself. Not a player that seemed at all interested with the grind.

I'm assuming with politics it's similar where I doubt he really shows any interest in learning the minutia of legislating, and the civil service part of being in politics. How many times do we think we'll hear about Royce White volunteering at food banks, going to local union meetings, or working for months with Democrats across the isle for a bipartisan bill on improving drinking water for Rock County, MN??

I'm not a psychologist, but I just see classic narcissistic overload with this guy. He'll say anything, or latch onto any sub culture if he thinks it'll get him the attention, and praise he desires. Unfortunately that does not make him extremely unique in the our current political environment especially with one particular movement based on another classic narcissist.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sure we can start with "taking documents" and how he fought tooth and nail to not return them. Then we can move on to inciting his cult followers to riot and stop the certification of an election and subvert the will of voters. We can then pivot to the fake electors scheme. His quid pro quo in Ukraine. His strong-arming Georgia election officials to find votes. Then we can get into his guilt in the E Jean Carrol case that supports the claim he's a rapist. A sprinkling of fraud by stating his Florida property was worth billions come loan time, but only millions come tax time. The white collar stuff is sort of expected from politicians and especially the Trump family who is forbidden from operating charities in New York state because they defrauded a children's cancer charity. This guy tried to use campaign funds to pay off a p*rn star he cheated on his wife with while his wife was at home nursing their newborn! I agree with the premise that all politicians are snakes and they all lie, but I've read that Trump spouted off something like 30k lies in office. The other day Im listening to this guy say he was a better president than Abraham Lincoln! LMAO every single time he opens his mouth he's lying about something. I dont think Joe can even put together that many coherent thoughts. Both of these candidates are great examples for installing age limits on the office of the president, but the choice is easy if voters have a semblance of conscience.

The inflation card has been misrepresented by both sides. To a point inflation was at 9% in 2022. Everyone owes it to themselves to be informed. My conservative friends all tell me the economy is in shambles, but when we start to talk about portfolio returns over the last few years they go mum since Wall Street is booming and jobs are plentiful, but they still love to play pundit because its self serving and benefits their financial positions while at the same time giggling when Trump takes credit for the current market. Markups and corporate greed coupled with the original pandemic supply chain issues that never reset have us where we are today. The average citizen is mad about increased cost(s), but ignore the record profits some of these corporations are enjoying while consumers continue to spend. Corporations will enjoy the Trump tax breaks in perpetuity while the average citizen gets poison pilled every few years on that plan and yet somehow that is Joe Bidens doing. It was another trickle down failure and a course correction on that plan is imperative. Not to even mention the christofascist takeover planned by the right.

The same politics has Biden using Trumps words of UV light and disinfecting injections as a line of defense vs Covid even if he didnt explicitly say that verbatim he definitely alluded to it. Mudslinging 101 - the arena where Trump and his base are experts, but hate when the favor gets returned.

Dont forget polls also said Hillary would win in a landslide. I would like a more efficient border security system to catch bad guys. I think this country spends too much on the military. You cant have a Congress made up of clowns - look at the current one. What have they accomplished other than wasting taxpayer money, finger pointing and insulting one another? Hard to ignore that level of incompetence.

Royce White is an opportunist. What was he doing prior to becoming a maga (R)? Seems to me if you dont have anything going for you an entrance into the current political landscape might be a good gig just look at MTG and Beetlejuice. I'd love to hear Royce White debate someone!

I firmly believe that a divide and conquer ideology has been thrust on the American people by foreign entities, but we are too stupid to realize it. They want us at war with one another and weak. Khrushchev's declaration that Russia would destroy the USA from within almost becoming palpable.

jboslett, fchowd0311 and Xopher like this.
  16. Landry's Tooth

I was going to reply but it's exhausting to keep up with CNN talking points and their anonymous sources.

Find actual news.

This isn't really the place for such discussions.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So then you really arent an outsider with a unique perspective. Color me shocked! Enjoy your "unified reich".

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Biden "lie" over saying Trump said to inject bleach (which isn't what Biden really said anyway) is something you have a problem with? Trump didn't say bleach, he said disinfectant. Is that okay with you? Do you agree that the President was wise to suggest injecting disinfectant?

If someone substitutes the word, bleach for disinfectant, that isn't really a lie, it's difference without a distinction.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sounds just like Trump. No wonder the Republican Party embraces him. :eek:

dobro1229 likes this.
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dude, I hate celebrities that run for office but I'd vote for Battier!
    I clicked through to find out what White did to lead BLM protests, but didn't find anything -- just an assertion that he did.

FranchiseBlade likes this.