1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what is the highest pick we could get for jalen in this draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheBeastSystem, May 15, 2024.

1. Slim

Slim Contributing Member

Luka was a pro in Europe (for 4 yrs) at a young age and clearly was very prepared (talent aside) for play in the NBA.

I didn’t state that the pro leagues are equivalent. I just reiterated DD’s point. Jalen has been a pro for 4 yrs. That’s a fact.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

where exactly have i defended jalen? I've railed against him, called him a colossal bust, and have said that he has completely sucked for all 3 years he has played.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And what is the purpose of expressing this fact?

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Technically anyone being paid to play basketball is a pro. Guys that sign directly into the g-league are pros. Every college kid that is getting paid is also a pro. So virtually every kid getting drafted is a second year pro. It’s all just a silly argument to be negative about Jalen. I guess this is Amen’s third year as well?

cmlmel77, roslolian, DaDakota and 3 others like this.
  5. Slim

Slim Contributing Member

I don’t disagree that college players are pros as well since they’re paid. They’re supposed to go to class as well so they’re also students. Different from deciding to go the official “pro” route.

I could honestly care less all in all.

6. fchowd0311

You should care less. It's a troll trying to make an insincere point.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to realize that it's a fact that undermines one of their current excuses for Jalen's poor performance so they'll attack you for it

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

At some point you should look at Jalen's plain box stats with no context and draw a conclusion from it as though you never watched a full game or knew anything about the teams development. The conclusion you're going to draw is that he's not really improved over 3 seasons and still doesn't seem to be able to score efficiently in the NBA. Doesn't look like he's going to pan out, seems like a chucker.

That's the exact argument of some of these buffoons who are allegedly Rockets fans. Indistinguishable from a person who doesn't watch anything and thinks they have a good instinct just looking at box stats. They call it the bottom line lol.

Can't you see that if your argument is the exact same as a person who doesn't follow the team, there must be something wrong with it? Do you think Udoka hasn't seen these stats or do you think he's some optimist? Oh you think he's just being nice to Jalen but the rest of the time has no problem sh*tting on anyone and everyone?

There's a reason why Udoka comes in and says: nothing good you did the past two years matters. Nothing bad you did should matter either, for the exact same reason. We start with a clean slate. So on Udoka's slate, Green improved every single thing he does either sightly or majorly. The only critique Udoka had was he wished Green figured the offense out a bit sooner.

Admit it. We f*cked his development up for two years, the part of it that was our responsibility. It has clearly caused a delay in his progress and that's after the g league screwed over all the ignite prospects with a wasted year.

How many people drowned me in posts about how important culture and coaching and system is? So if we're MIA in those 3 departments, there's 0 blame on us and 100% on Jalen? Then why bother with culture just draft 18 year olds who know how to develop themselves lol. Such a stupid argument. Oh and yes we all know the player shares responsibility too. I'm talking specifically about the teams responsibility to deliver good staff, culture, system. We did not do our part. All the coaches who ever coached him have said he's hard working and resilient.

Just open your eyes and understand sometimes **** doesn't happen perfectly. He was in a crap Ignite program and then we mishandled his development for two years. That's why we keep hearing he works hard but nothing much was changing on the court. Work without direction.

The result is that he's popping at the end of his 3rd season rather than in his second season. We know now that if you draft practically a HS player, let him take infinite bad shots without accountability, ignore his defense, hire a bad coach, install KPJ at PG.... it will probably slow down your prospect's development. The most obvious thing in the world. Why the f*ck wouldn't it take 3 years when it took Kobe in a PERFECT situation 2 years to be worthy of starting in the NBA? Kobe's coach was COTY and a trained psychologist, his mentor was Jerry West, his dad was a basketball pro, his teammates were all stars and he developed himself against bench players for two years. That's what a HS calibre player needs. Why would it take Green only two years when Kobe with all his legendary work ethic couldn't overcome it sooner?

The good news is Green is so talented and hard working that he's catching up on 3 years of bad development in just 1 season. Appreciate what we have. Udoka salvaged this project which was in shambles. We owe him big time. Stone owes him big time.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The TLDR summary of this is, ignore how by literally every objective measurement Jalen is a complete failure and just keep believing that he's amazing.

10. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I'm a Jater/skeptic but I think he's worth the #1 in this draft. With the scouts saying this draft starts at where a normal draft would be at around pick 7-8 that seems about right.

I don't think Atlanta trades #1 for him, but I think that's probably his "value." I don't see Washington either with all the money they've got into Poole. Maybe SA would consider but I kind of doubt they'd do it either. 5 from Detroit or 6 from Charlotte seems like the most likely possibility of a straight two team trade.

#150 ChillyPete32, May 17, 2024
    Last edited: May 17, 2024
  11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

DumbDumb trolling :eek::eek::eek:

No way!

He's desperate to dog JG anyway possible. Obviously still dealing with the loss of the WB. So this is his way of "getting back".

For a guy that comes across somewhat smart, he posts some seriously hilarious ish. Especially when anyone pushes his buttons.

Good stuff

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

yes it is Amens third year as a pro.

DD

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The same people who say Silas and KPJ significantly impaired growth and development are the same who want to ship him off after a clearly better overall year and a hot stretch at the end of the season? Jalen had one season w a strong, accountable coach and he improved.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

DD that’s ridiculous. OTE is no where near the competition of the nba, the G-league, international leagues, or college. Come on man.

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nobody in this draft projects anywhere close to what Jalen does.

16. monster

monster Member

This would be a huge mistake.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What some foolishly thought that he did project, or what he does?

Right now Jalen projects to be a bench guy... and not even a 6th man type bench guy.

Now sure, there were ridiculous projections of stardom once upon a time, but not many serious people still think that's realistic. He'd have to miraculously turn into a completely different caliber of player.

18. fchowd0311

Yea. No one in this draft has his combo of height, agility and on ball creativity. And it isn't even close.

majicdonjuan and Dobbizzle like this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Thankfully the front office is a LOT smarter than the CF hivemind. ****in imagine trading a prospect like Green (still by far the highest ceiling draft pick we have, and a big swing we haven't followed through on yet) to a "win now" team for a lottery pick in a trash draft? And these people have the audacity to think using basketball reference and talking like their surname is Morey makes them experts. It'd be laughable if it didn't pervade every single corner of the forum.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes but he was focused on basketball he worked on it every day, it was his job, he was a pro - he made a poor choice going to OTE, that doesn't mitigate the fact that as an individual contractor/business he was a pro and paid to play.

No excuses, when you are a pro - paid to play, and you don't have any school or distractions to where basketball is your daily work - you are a PRO.....

No amount of "silas sucking", "was in the Turkish league", or anything like that - they were PROFESSIONAL basketball players.....

Even if people don't want to admit it....it is just fact.

Notice who is missing?

DD