1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what is the highest pick we could get for jalen in this draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheBeastSystem, May 15, 2024.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think DD does this thing where he includes his gleague 15 game stint during covid as a year in the NBA. It's weird. I think he's trolling and isn't serious but he dedicates a lot of time to not being sincere.

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'll simplify that further: Jalen Green has the potential to be a top player in the league.

And for some reason, people think that means we should trade him either for players who've already shown they don't have that potential, or draft picks where none of them are projected to be anything near that. Might just be me, but does that make any sense in the slightest? That's the problem with herd-think on CF, y'all are so enamoured with getting rid of Jalen, you've forgotten that even having the potential to be a top player in the league in the first place is extremely rare. And y'all wanna give it away for a bag of Doritos and Chase Budinger.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Huh? That makes no sense, why would a year not in the nba count as a year in the nba? Was luka a rookie and also in his 5th season?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

Ask DD. Dude is weird. Again, I think he is joking.bit it's a lot of time dedicating to posting content on a message board with stuff you don't really believe in.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to understand that some of these Jalen fanbois view even the lightest and most valid criticism of their guy as if it's a violent attack on their child.

It's best not to take them very seriously

theDude likes this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It’s not really an opinion, this will be jalen’s 4th year, period. Not his 2nd because “silas sucks”, not his 5th, not his 20th

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A year of professional basketball counts as a year of professional basketball.

The Jalen fanbois want to pretend Jalen came straight out of high school and is still 19 years old in order to excuse away his failure in the nba.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You are wrong.

He was a pro for a year in the GLeague this is his 5TH year as a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. Sengun is in his 6th year I believe...maybe 7th.

Just because they aren't in the NBA doesn't mean that year wasn't dedicated to their craft and must be considered a development year.

So Jalen is entering his 5th season as a pro basketball player......4th in the NBA - but 5th overall.

DD

9. fchowd0311

As I've said before. It's hard to tell if DD is playing a character.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Most of the reasonable posters do not want to trade Jalen right now unless it’s for a youngish perennial all-star. It is a gamble to keep him if he doesn’t get consistent, but the return right now does not justify the risk of trading him. I, for one, would trade him for Booker if he becomes available. I don’t see any other worthy player that has even the slightest chance of being available. if first half Jalen reappears, we need to look for a replacement. That does not make me or others of that opinion a hater. It is a reasonable take.

mfastx and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He didn't "finally" put up a string of games. He did it in his previous two seasons. That's why people still have hope in him. And while it's certainly a team game. Nobody, including the GOAT can win all by himself. But like I said, the streak proved that if Green can sustain that kind of performance, we can be one of the top teams instantly.

That's why I've been saying this. It's a gamble either way. Giving him up now or keeping him for too long.

Rokman likes this.
  12. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

If we get both twins, I would also like to keep Jalen. At the games I sometimes confuse Jalen and Amen, and have to check the color of their shoes. Playing the 3 of them, while making them wear the same shoes, will annoy their defenses

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Exactly. We would be instant contenders if Jalen consistently played like he did in the streak. That is why we won’t trade him anytime soon.

Rocket_Man_2.0 and Easy like this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ya for sure, pretty insane

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He’s not smart enough to play a character. He just shoots from the hip and really doesn’t know basketball, despite his experience coaching youngsters.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Because you aren't all that bright and are seriously agenda driven.

It is funny to watch people judge others without any context - but you do you.....man - you judge the game on your experience and I will do me.....it is ok to have a variety of opinions.....and still be Rox fans.

It is SHOCKING that people ignore a year as a PROFESSIONAL ball player - when his JOB was to get better, and just sweep it under the rug like it never happened.....as it makes their narrative that they want to believe, no ....they so DESPERATELY need to believe seem true.

But the COLD HARD MOTHER ****ING TRUTH is that a year as a pro is a year as a pro and he was working at his craft that entire year.....whether you or any of the JALENAPOLOGISTS like it or not.

DD

17. Slim

Slim Contributing Member

G league is a pro league. So that makes 4 yrs (with 5th next yr) as a pro

edit: my bad. Just saw the response from DD above

#137 Slim, May 17, 2024
    Last edited: May 17, 2024
    DaDakota likes this.
  18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

so luka played 4 years in Europe before the nba, you consider his rookie season his 5th year in the nba?

19. fchowd0311

And what relevance does that have?

Is it trying to be an implication that he's about to be in his 5th year and has "four years of experience"?

It's bad faith argument. You know this. You type complete sentences. That's how I know you know it's a silly point.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Don't be pedantic - not his 5th year in the NBA, but his 5th year as a pro - yes.

The JalenApologists crowd can't handle criticism of their baby - it is sad that all that merch they bought of him will be worthless when he is traded by the deadline, because he doesn't contribute much to winning basketball.

DD