1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donovan Mitchell traded to the Cavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by prodigy08, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Ainge tried to play hardball and got greedy with the Knicks sensing desperation but Rose stuck to his guns and gave an ultimatum and ended discussions. Hats off to Rose. Interesting Ainge didn’t take a reported JUL offer of robinson, barrett and 3 unprotected. Deal with Cavs isn’t that great in comparison to knicks packages.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ainge is one of the league's best GMs he was the one who ripped off Minny in the KG trade, then did it again when he traded Pierce and KG to Nets and consigned the Nets to damnation. More recently he fleeced Philly when they traded up to get Fultz.

To be fair I actually think Cavs got a bargain on Mitchell. Dude is one of the best players in the league and Cavs got him for a player they didnt want to extend and pics. Tbh if that was all it took I'd be tempted to throw Green and a pick for Mitchell

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Think the Cavs made a good deal. He's a legit player in the league which is hard to aquire. But not likely a ring maker given Giannis is still in the way.

4. PeppermintCandy

Ainge is a master at dismantling teams.

Also a bold move for the Cavs, and a good one if Mobley and the rest of the core continues to improve and be healthy.

I can see them pulling an upset and getting all the way to the conference finals.
    But on paper I think the Bucks, Celtics, Sixers, and the Heat are still better than they are. (And the Nets if they get it together.)

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When was the last time a team used multiple picks to move up farther than 5 spots or into the lottery?

I have no idea what any of the rest of that has to do with anything.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It turns out Gobert is trash actually

Hui likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Everybody thought the Jazz was getting ready for a big time tanking. Well, they are at the top of the West. Who would have thunk it.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

and the rox beat them handily early on. goes to show this team is actually capable of being a 48-win team, but silas is the problem purposely tanking against the tillmen’s wishes. @ashleyem

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Obviously you do prefer the terms 'think and thunk'.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Think, Thank, Thunk
    Just like Sink, Sank, Sunk ;)

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0b...t=spotify:collection:podcasts:episodes&t=1293

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Mitchell is one of the most overrated players in the league.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of things being leaked out of the Cavs after these playoffs. Garland likely wants out, Donovan may sign extension, JB is likely out, players upset with Jarrett Allen not getting an injection to get him back on the court, etc.