1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Incubus, Kings of Leon or Creed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 16, 2024.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Incubus, Kings of Leon or Creed?

Choose. No poll, talk about it, communication is important, y'all.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Incubus. That’s all I have to say about that.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i've heard creed songs, which is quite nice. i think i've heard of incubus songs, not quite sure which ones. but never heard of kings of leon... are they like kings of convenience?

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Xero,

Haven’t you done a thread already recently involving Creed? That band is never the right answer.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

None of them, but honestly, really NEVER liked Incubus. At all. Pardon Me was aight.

If Kings of Leon is on in the background, I don't even notice, it doesn't bother me. Forgettable. Which doesn't induce any strong feelings in any direction. Making it... perfectly fine.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

3 completely different bands that are absolutely nothing alike. I like some Incubus. I like some Kings of Leon. Creed is absolute s***.

8. Buck Turgidson

I seem to remember liking KoL's first? album, and then their sound totally changed and then they sucked. Not sure I've ever heard an Incubus song, and Creed is Creed.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It’s important to include control variables in your studies.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  10. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Kings of Leon's first 2 albums, when had a strong southern garage rock sound, are still in my listening rotation. The instruments in following albums sound over produced like a car commercial.

Didn't get too deep into Incubus' discography. I guess I view them positively overall though. Appreciate their nu-metal roots and multi genre influences. Anna Molly is a favorite.

No interest in Creed.

I am a bit biased cause those initial Kings of Leon albums came out right when I was really starting to understand music. I'm sure if I were a few year older, I'd have latched on to "Make Yourself".

11. ths balla

ths balla Member

Kings of Leon easily, if you haven't listened to Mechanical Bull or Come Around Sundown albums can't take your musical opinion seriously

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

To answer this question, considering I have ZERO albums by Creed and ZERO albums by Incubus (maybe I have 1 or 2 at the most) and I have all of the studio albums of Kings of Leon, I guess I will go with Kings of Leon. They are one of several post punk revival bands that I have the majority of their albums but I wouldn’t consider them my favorites - instead I would go with The Strokes, The Killers, Interpol, and probably Bloc Party followed closely by The Editors.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My answer is, not Creed

I'm not super familiar with the other two, but I know the answer isn't Creed

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

KOL has some great music videos.

if you liked the movie Dazed and Confused, you should like this:

and this one is happy:

they don’t take a lot of risks (boring!), and they don’t have a lot of gratuitous guitar solos, so it’s hard for me to say they have any songs that are a ten out of ten, but most of their songs are good. Not a lot of filler (granted, I haven’t listened to the latest album, and the previous one I just never got around to having it in heavy rotation. Still, I really like ‘em. I might be a bit biased after my wife got us tickets to see them, and we ended up sitting just in front of Caleb’s supermodel wife.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member