1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Roughnecks / XFL Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Damion Laverne

Took a competitive team threw it away for this malarkey. Reminds me of the Texans’ 2022 coaching staff: too much rah-rah and not enough attention to detail

J.R. likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

"Jim Kelly aint walking through that door!!!"

j/k... surprised this thread is even as active as it is.

3. Damion Laverne

Week 7 Update:
    Got back from the game. The ‘Necks managed to blow a nine-point lead and lose to San Antonio 15-12. The defense generated FOUR takeaways. Offense continues to blow chunks. The team continues to lack discipline and fundamentals. HEAD COACH HAS TO GO NOW!!!

Here’s how the sequence played out late:
    - SA scores on a long drive near the two-minute warning. During that drive, the Roughnecks had to burn their final two timeouts because they didn’t have enough defenders on the field
    - On the ensuing kickoff, the Roughnecks fumble the return at the end and turn it over near midfield.
    - SA bleeds the clock and makes the game-winning field goal from about 50 yds out.

A complete and utter mess

J.R. likes this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wonder what the betting line was on this game.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I gotta give it up to y'all, you're real football fans. I don't think my marriage would survive if I expressed an ounce of interest in the UFL.

6. Damion Laverne

Nolan Henderson gave the Roughnecks a real shot to beat the Stallions tonight because of his mobility, but he was pulled for Reid Sinnett. Roughnecks continued to be undisciplined with all the penalties. Case in point: defense gets a stop late in the first half, but an offsides penalty on the ensuing 4th and 4 gave BHam a first down; defense proceeds to give up a touchdown.

O-Line continues to protect poorly.

Nothing else needs to be said lol

J.R. likes this.