1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

The worst drafts in history consistently have several guys better than Bridges. People need to stop being hyperbolic.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yes, and the odds of lucking into one of them are incredibly low unless you have a really high pick.

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I don't agree, particularly in drafts like this one, which are uncertain. Look at the Anthony Bennett draft (2013), which was similarly uncertain. Giannis went 15 and Gobert 27, along with other great players like CJ at 10 and Steven Adams at 12.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the natives were pretty split on Young ....

But yeah, the list further down your post is probably a great place to start. You need a player on that level to be competitive in the playoffs. We all know we lack that player currently.

Eventually someone from that list is going to be available and that list may change. Be ready when the time comes, that's the best answer I can give.

Easy likes this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Bridges is not even a borderline all-star. He's like a more efficient Ariza.

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

There's been several times where stone tried to do something completely asinine and luckily for him his asinine offers were rejected. Remember Oladipo? And now this, ugh. While it's nice he's been lucky, it seems that ultimately he's pretty terrible

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

We can only be thankful how many times stupid people have saved Stone from himself.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the team tried to dump Jalen, but there was no interest around the league. Figures.

Rokman likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is Sean Marks ok? The offers he’s turned down acting like he has a young James Harden and not 27 y/o super role player Bridges is bordering on malpractice

Arnel, theDude, J Rock and 2 others like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I already said that Stone was a poser and every once in a while he would want to make a marquee move to bring more prestige to his name.....

Dude is pretty aloof........no idea where he gets all that confidence.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone was playing with house money he himself generated.

While I disagree with getting Bridges, let's also not pretend it would be a cataclysmic mistake. Bridges impact here would be similar to OG Anunoby on the Knicks. A 5 man line up of Sengun/Jabari/Brooks/Bridges/FVV with Tari/Amen/Cam/Jeff Green bench would be good enough for a playoff seed. At the very least the defense would be unreal and Bridges wouldn't have that horric pre ASB performance Jalen had.

Arnel likes this.