1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Yankees

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 7, 2024.

1. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Nice win fellas! Ready to keep it going

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That’s all fine and dandy but ignores the loss of most of our starting pitching staff this season to injury that helped lead to this bad start.

raining threes likes this.
  3. Radricky

Radricky Member

4. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

I wish the rest of the team would bow up like Singleton and today's pitcher

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

Other than Ronel Blanco, Big Jon Singleton just could end up playing himself into the sleeper MVP (team) discussion and/or locker room leader... just bc you were out of the league for a decade doesn't make you any less qualified.
    Think that dude's got some wisdom & perspective that could do some good if shared.

edit: and hopefully he'll humble himself enough one day to tell his story, I believe its worth listening to & understanding...

7. Yordan The Great

If you were told Blanco would make the opening day roster, be our 5th starter and he would 4-0, you would have said?

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Singleton looking like a decent backup first baseman. Shame he couldn't have made it up sooner, the ability was always there. Happy for him though.

9. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Lol not a chance. He'll be in the bullpen within a few weeks or back in Sugarland dominating. I always thought he was those good in the minors but whatever in the MLB.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Every team has injury stretches. Even the 2017-2022 Astros had a lot of injury stretches.

But you are who you are after 162 games… and that date is basically giving us a full season’s worth of games where this team is sub .500.

If Garcia can come back and be a dominant force… and if LMJ can give a decent amount of plus innings (and avoid injury), they’ll be in much better shape going into 2025 with an outside chance of salvaging this season barring any other unexpected injuries.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think it is cool Ronel Blanco is hanging out in the Dugout with Framber Valdez, Luis Garcia, Cristian Javier, Jose Urquidy and learning from them.

12. raining threes

Brown needs to bring Blubaugh up or trade for a SP.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Weed Suspension was ridiculous by MLB, it is not a Performance Enhancing Drug. Jon didn't cheat the game. Jon would've been All Star Player. Suspension hurt his Development.

InTheGroove and raining threes like this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

We are going to match our 2019 win total!

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

ALERT! Relax. We needed that win. Holy hell. Altuve, Pena, Tuck on an all star pace. Verlander, Alvarez, Yanier, Hader, Pressly, and Cristian are loading. Lance, Luis and Bregman will be second half studs. Loperfido and Chaz will be at least above average. I pity the fools who count us out. Get to .500 by Independence Day.

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Reading all of the comments from you clowns is way, waaaaay more aggravating and waaaaay less educational than watching the Astros play a game, even when they suck.

Redfish81 likes this.
  17. Radricky

Radricky Member

18. Radricky

Radricky Member

It’s beyond time for Soto to wear a bow tie

ROCKSS and desihooper like this.
  19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Great to get the win, I`ll be honest I had PTSD after Pressley let Judge take him deep and I am glad we didn't have to face Soto to end the game. I am actually happy today, now let's string a few together. One of the more surprising things to me this year is after we got Hader I thought our 7-8-9th inning would be a lockdown, but I get nervous when any of them come in, but hey, we got one so let's go sweep the Tigers

AWIN, Surfguy and roadtrip like this.
  20. Radricky

Radricky Member