1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

No need to be offensive. I was just trying to educate an ignorant idiot like you.

2. Win

Win Contributing Member

I recall reading that Deke has been injured much of the last couple years which was partly responsible (that and father time) for is reduced production. What I don't recall is the nature of the injuries and if he has sufficiently healed. Anyone know the scoop on that? I'm kinda hoping if the injuries are behind him that he may have more left in the tank than many suspect he has. TIA for any input.

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

HAHA, Irony kills;)

4. pchan

pchan Member

Where did you guys get the caption for the radio?

5. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Well as someone who has actually lived in Africa, I can authoritatively tell you that $8M (USD) is actually a lot. In a typical African country like Deke's DRC, the value of this amount of money can be up to 10 times more that it will be here. Rememeber also that the DRC government donated the land for free (if my memory serves me correctly). Also remember that before he went into the noble project he did his home work and he had a target of the dollar amount it will take to raise a descent badly needed hospital in his home country.

The moral of of my contribution here is that $8M can travel in many other countries around this earth farther than it can here in USA.

Africa is not a country.....rather a continent complete with over 50 sovereign countries. I believe it is the second largest continent in terms of size and population as well. I assume most people here know this but I just want to clarify that.

6. DaneB

DaneB Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which one is Dikembe Mutombo its so hard to tell...:p :D

7. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Isnt there a singer that sounds like Deke?

8. Nero

Nero Member

I think that hearing him on 610 the other day was actually the first time I have ever been subjected to extended listening of the mutombo.. and I just gotta say..

HE IS THE WALRUS!

9. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Are you kidding me??? This one is too easy, only took me 2 minutes to pick him out. Mutombo is the one in the 2nd pic, holding the basketball infront of his face.

-G'day-

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

dont know how much $ you earn, but 8 million seems like alot to me. its more than the average nba player's annual salary. how many athletes have given away that much money in their whole career? for mutumbo, this is only one instance of his generosity. i wonder how much he has given during his career.

i never cared for finger-waving mutumbo, but after learning more about his charitable work im proud to have a class act like him on our team.

11. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Geez, you people twisted my post in the wrong direction. I did not say 8 mil is not a lot of money. It's just that, to build a brand new hospital anywhere on earth, you would most certainly need more than that. Hospital is not just a bunch of empty buildings. You need equipment and staff. He probably had other resources, like a piece of free land and lots of volunteers.

12. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

then, you need a $80mil hospital, instead.

13. UTmo

UTmo Contributing Member

youre such an idiot... its definitely #3... i mean cmon, he just let he let himself go a little since he was in africa busy handling his business...

and before anyone starts flaming... its a joke btw

14. ceddy

ceddy Member

i'm happy with the deke signing....i can't wait to see this line up during a game at one point: 5-yao 4-deke 3-howard 2-tmac 1-sura... the new version of the twin towers... this lineup will clog up the lane for other teams trying to penetrate to the hole....look at that height...we'll be gr8 on the boards..every player is 6'5" and higher.... tmac- 6'8" yao - 7'6" deke - 7'2" sura - 6'5" howard - 6'9".... i just hope deke can stay healthy...we could use a better back up small forward tho... i'm not convinced with boki's skills yet...it's taking him too long to develop:rolleyes:

15. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

It's just ok, not that gr8.
    Yao's just another copy of Magette.:rolleyes: