1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Jalen Green for Franz Wagner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, May 6, 2024.

?

Jalen Green for Franz Wagner?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was a huge Jalen fan up until the first game of the season against Orlando. Too much of a front runner who only plays with high energy when he can make flashy plays.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

No. I think the Rockets should go after Trey Young. With the right team and coaching Trey can be an absolute superstar.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You say words... But they don't say anything.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I agree at the end of the day its going to come down to Jalen Green.

Its just funny to me how he constantly gets nitpicked for off-court issues, yet never having any legal issues or rumors of being anything other than a stand up guy.

All reports are he has a good work ethic and is very open and responsive to coaching without throwing tantrums or complaining. Kind of a blue collar do what your told kind of guy.

Doesnt appear to have anyh substance issues, and isnt seen partying or clubbing frequently.

His off-court issues are the following:
    dry humped jaygup
    painted his nails black
    enjoys fashion
    slept with pretty women
    has 2 baby mommas (in which he is proudly stepping up to the plate for, which tbf isnt always the case with athletes)

these "off-court" issues are more dislikes and judgmental biases in my opinion.

That aside, while i do believe he has the work ethic to become who he can be, i do agree its just focus he lacks. Idk why that is, maybe its undiagnosed add or maybe he doesnt love basketball more than everything. And while this would eliminate him from the uber greats and even the high end superstar realm, because i think that takes some maniacism. It doesnt stop him from becoming an all star or even a low end superstar. Doesnt stop him from being a scrub out of the league either. I dont pretend to know what i dont know like some.

Dobbizzle, fchowd0311 and Rocketeer like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why not? It only benefits Clutchfans - a tipjar bet doesn't have to be a lot...if you don't want it to be, just for fun....hell, it could be as simple as "We get the others signature for 30 days"......

Lighten up Francis have a little fun.

DD

6. BigMaloe

your examples sucked. They were either players well into their prime, all stars at some point and point blank didnt even sniff being as dominate as Jalen was.

Not my fault you cant accept evidence that disagrees with your opinion. Keep living in your "i know it all" shell, im sure you've never been wrong....

7. DaDakota

Sorry charlie, you just wanted to argue about choices not the context, and got caught......

And I have never EVER said I am always right, I am wrong as much as anyone else - around here...we are all just fans judging from our own experience.

DD

8. BigMaloe

This.

jalen, imo, will nod at least one all-star birth . I personally do not think he will become a superstar, but i dont doubt that he "could" become one and i also realize he could realistically never make an impact above fringe starter. But im not gonna sit here and pretend i know the future.

He has a wide range of variability and thus a wide range of outcomes on who he is as a player. Odds are he wont reach the top or the bottom of those projections. The middle of his projections leads me to believe he will become an all-star player in this league, likely more than just once.

9. BigMaloe

got caught... yeah okay.

DD you fail to ever provide any sound, intelligent, meaningful points when you have debates here. Its always opinion, and feelings and "I KNOW" and all these things that are incredibly unreliable and meaningless. Your points always lack substance and you just double down on them.

Even the tip-jar bet you want to make with fchowd is about him never being a superstar. Jeez... really showed him by saying you dont think he will be a top 5 player.

I will tip-jar bet you that he will get an all-star nod at least one time in his career. You shouldn't have any qualms against that since you think hes a bust no?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't want to bet. Stop harassing me about betting. Just be content that you are good news for Jalen stans like me when you wax lyrical about him. It gives us confidence he will be a superstar. Just be content with that.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you even read @BigMaloe 's post? It's not HIS standard or YOUR standard. It's Jalen Green's standard. He's trying to find a player who has similar "hot streaks" LIKE JALEN's. You said it happened millions of times. He has done the research to show that it didn't happen even 10 times.

If YOUR standard is a hot streak of 3 games or so, then you are wasting everybody's time. It means nothing at all.

BigMaloe and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. DaDakota

Harassing you? What are you 12? FFS......take the bet.

DD

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ill take that bet but id like to amend it to "as a Rocket".

I really couldnt care less what hed do with another team tbh.

Something modest like $25 in the tip jar?

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

There was a point in the season Jalen was the best player in the nba without Sengun. Franz Wagner will never play at that level. Absolutely not

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That point lasted like 10 games....he was one of the worst in the league before that and he returned to being one of the worst in the league after that. Franz Wagner will never play that poorly.

16. DaDakota

I think he is a bust as a number 2 pick, which is you want a lead dog, he isn't that.

I am going to respond to you because I respect you and tell you what I believe/think.

Yes, I don't get into Win shares, or True shooting % or a bunch of made up stats that have human based algorithms behind them, and are flawed at the input of those stats.

They are made up - and they are made to ASSIST the human eye, which is much more reliable in judging players than a bunch of generated fake statistics.

Now, it is ok to be a guy or gal that loves those stats, I get it ....FAN is short for FANATIC, but just because someone goes and grabs a bunch of garbage off basketball reference doesn't mean they understand how those stats are collated or how the data is measured for instance....like what constitutes a wide open shot? 3 feet away? 5 feet away, and a human still makes that judgement in the end, or even worse a video analysis that can't possibly measure all the different elements necessary to see if it was truly wide open. You can get close - but as long as humans have their hand in any part of any data, it will be flawed.

That being said, all people use those things for is to argue and we all know stats can make anyone look good, or bad if you cherry pick them right.

So, for me, I value a studied eye over that......now I can see some folks will be upset and say....that's fallible too - yep, it sure is... that is why we are all fanatics.

Arguing about whom is more right is a joke......I believe Jalen will be a Lou Williams a decent scorer, maybe a starter and a possible all - star - but not a lead dog.

And as such, don't want to pay him as one.....so yes, it is based upon my eyes......and a bit of stats, but eyes mostly.

Guilty as charged.

DD

17. BigMaloe

I will do $20 just for the sake of it.

I will be honest in that i am not nearly as confident in that for the simple fact i can see him being packaged in the next year or 2 for a star simply because all 6 of the young guys cant stay and so i can see him being a part of a blockbuster trade.

Im willing to double down on my bet tho and pay $40 if he plays 5 more years with us and doesnt get an all-star nod, barring some significant injury.

#117 BigMaloe, May 8, 2024
    Last edited: May 8, 2024
    xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. DaDakota

I'll hold the money.

:)

DD

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Deal.

But i kind of feel guilty because its a win win for me. Im not one of those people who want to see a guy suck for the sake of being right. If jalen is good ill happily pay up.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

You can do the inverse?

$20 if he gets an all star nod elsewhere and $40 if he gets it as a rocket?

Same 5yr time limit

All benefits clutch and the community in the end.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.