1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Power Tools….

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Mar 17, 2024.

1. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Love HD clearance. I picked up some more Ryobi battery packs on clearance today at the Westbury location in Houston.

It's a three battery kit with one 4 AH and two 2 AH battery for $75 in-store. There were still 5 left as of morning of 5/8/24. It's on the inside end cap near the power tool section.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-Batteries-PBP4310/327423054

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

On the topic of power tools and batteries:
    • Almost all power tools can be battery powered now. Sure, if you’re working with a saw for hours you’re going to want a cord, but for your average diy guy, this is very freeing. I can finally dump the heavy, loud ass compressor for some nice battery powered finishing guns.
    • I think the battery ecosystem is what locks a lot of people into a specific brand. Dewalt seems to be the most popular followed by Milwaukee. Milwaukee red lithium batteries are supposedly the best but I don’t see a huge difference (I have both). (As stated in this thread, Milwaukee thinks their **** don’t stink. You can get deals on them at northern tool and equipment)
    • I discovered that there are battery adapters you can buy on Amazon that allow them to be switched around. Not just dewalt and Milwaukee but just about every major tool line. This gives some awesome flexibility. Some of these even have usb ports on them so you can tap into the battery to charge your devices on the job site. Gives your battery a lot more utility.
    • There are also third party batteries you can get on Amazon. I’ve bought some for my older tools and they’re good enough for my use.
    • There’s an entire third-party ecosystem that uses the leading battery brand form factors. You can get tire air pumps, Bluetooth speakers, fans, tiny chainsaws, power inverters (110 plug adapters), flashlights, etc.
    I discovered the battery adapters and 3rd party devices about a week ago and it completely opened up another world for me, tool-wise. Want to use a Bauer gadget that doesn’t come with a battery? Just grab the dewalt battery adapter for $15 and you just gave yourself access to the entire Bauer line. There are even adapters for old-ass dewalt battery stuff that is gathering dust on my shelf. And the ability to use batteries as chargers for my family’s many electronics is priceless.

boomboom likes this.
  3. Xerobull

You can use brick seek to check inventory before you drive all over.

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker?sku=327423054

jchu14 likes this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just a buyer beware, but the adapters may not work with the electronics that prevent overdischarging the batteries. If that happens, it could permanently damage your battery. Something to be mindful of.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I am not risking my tools with battery adapters, even with Milwaukee 5 year warranty (The reason I stay with Big Red).

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Voodoo Ray

7. Xerobull

If you need a reason for a 3d printer, there are countless tool jigs, addons, gadgets, organizers, quality of life improvements, upgrades and conversions (you should see the stuff you can do with a Dremel like a mini table saw setup) etc, that you can find on Thingiverse and print.

8. Buck Turgidson

I'm still a bit confused if this this the Ministry thread or not.

boomboom likes this.