1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Green become Edwards?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, May 4, 2024.

?

Will Jalen Green become as good as Anthony Edwards?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Can't you just tell by his demeanor? Like Ant will get up in your face, talk trash, and he has like this I'm not afraid of anyone attitude. My concern with Jalen has always been he's just too laid back. He fades away far too many times. Young Kobe no matter how bad he played would be demanding the ball and playing tough defense. Number 1 reason why I never got the comparison.

napalm06 and NewAge like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden and Green are Cali bois. Westbrook is an anomaly that he is energized 98% of the time.

Kobe comes from the hard Philly and his dad played European ball. I overlooked his dad played for the Rockets.

Those small aspects plus your character shaped who you are.

#122 daywalker02, May 6, 2024
    Last edited: May 6, 2024
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

In terms of physical build as per P3 evaluation it was Cam Whitmore who is the closest to Anthony Edwards I believe.

AroundTheWorld, topfive and Nook like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Can Nate Hinton become Anthony Edwards?

NewAge likes this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Its about WANT TO! Jalen has more athleticism than Ant and he's more of a natural scorer but Jalen is his own worst enemy. Ant is more powerful and muscular than Jalen. I think Jalen needs about 10 more pounds of muscle. He took a beating during that 11 game winning streak, double teams, excessive punding.....Basketball can be brutual.

Additionally, I think this past yr took some getting use to; different coach, different PG, and different playing style.

This yr, there are no excuses.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Good thing Jalen enters this off-season with nothing on his mind except dedicating himself to improving as a basketball player.

/sarcasm

8. Ancient Moabite

Its possible, especially since B Cartwright had a couple seasons around 20ppg before teaming with Jordan and avg around 7-9ppg

Brewer was Air Jordan for one night when he dropped that 50 piece, so all hope is there, though its slim to none

I like how you are progressing and getting slick by mentioning Green in ghostwriter person

Its gonna be a cold summer, I'm chillin for the whole summer

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Why are y'all acting like people don't become fathers and still kill it at their jobs every ****ing day of the year, every single year? Y'all think you're criticizing Jalen, you're really just letting EVERYBODY know that you would suck ass as a father.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

that’s absolutely premier defense!
    Green would have been taken out of the play with the first screen, splattered and left worrying that he might’ve chipped his nail polish.
    ANT’s a two-way prodigy.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You're one of those dudes that sees a highlight of Green doing something amazing on defense and be like "first time I've ever seen him do something like that"... When he's done it many times before.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

More athleticism as in...what?

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Definitely quicker but he kinda has to be to make up for the strength advantage.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I saw some good stuff from both Banchero and obviously Team US prodigy Edwards in the Playoffs ..... that solidified my belief they are for real.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sure, Jalen can find a way to both be a great dad and a great player. Let's hope he does. I've always said he has the potential for NBA stardom and I hope he focuses on shoring up the weak parts of his game this summer.

That said, my kids would happily confirm to you that just offering an opinion on Jalen Green doesn't make someone "suck ass as a father." :D

Easy likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody comparing Jalen Green to Anthony Edwards is not to be taken seriously. Look beyond the month of March, for the love of God.

That is all.

#136 J Sizzle, May 6, 2024
    Last edited: May 6, 2024
    MadMax likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course but fathering many kids instead of focusing on 1, 2 or 3 kids with one single mother is not really condusive to having a stable relationship with them.

On the contrary, it might be more probable that it be the inconsistent, rocky, up and down performance that he had with the Rockets so far.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

And of course, the events in his life over the last few months could be beneficial in many ways. Jalen could show up in camp next fall with laser focus, determined to prove the nay-sayers wrong. Big life events affect people in different ways.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope so too for his playing career, as a dad though he has to stop with the superficial lifestyle, both him and Draya are all about money, fashion and the bling bling......

He has to teach the kid values that go beyond just making money and superficialities.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given your normal player evaluation skills, it doesn't surprise me you'd think so.