1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown tired of Alex Cintrón

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Sep11ie, Jun 16, 2023.

1. Buck Turgidson

You can't coach someone who doesn't want to be coached. Not surprised re: Bregman.

2. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I think Bregman can be, and is willing to be coached.

But he is very particular and confident in himself.

I think any coach will need to have gone an extra mile to prove his worth and knowledge to Alex.

Any (opinion) maybe someone who has done it at a high level above a career coach. Beltran?

3. Buck Turgidson

"No bang = fastball or no idea, 1 bang = curve, 2 bangs = slider...Beltran taught me everything I know"

Nook and cmlmel77 like this.
  4. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

I too, have grown tired of our hitting coaches.

desihooper and GOATuve like this.
  5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Alex is in his own head pursuing that perfect swing. He's definitely got his own hitting coach and pours over (digital) film as much as anyone. He clearly trusts his eye and his preparation, but imo, he could benefit from some "see ball, hit ball" ABs versus whatever he's doing now.

6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

As an older person. see ball , hit ball becomes an issue because of SEE BALL.

desihooper likes this.
  7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe bring in an optometrist and make everyone pass an exam before boarding the charter to NY?

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Specialized exam. How quickly does the focal point change in that 1/4 second between the time you see the ball in the pitcher's hand and you have to swing? Can you maintain focus?

9. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I wonder if the extra muscle he put on slowed his bat even with the "weighted bat" training?

Or maybe his bat is now quicker and he needs to adjust his timing?

I do have confidence that he will, once again, compete for player of the month in August and be a monster in the fall.

I'm just not sure how long he struggles or how bad it gets before those things happen.

10. MAstroS

MAstroS Member

Alex is at his best when he stops trying to club home runs. When he is lacing doubles to the wall is when his stroke gets right and then he adjusts a bit and the ball starts elevating to home runs. Right now he is too worried about hitting it out and his swing is f'ed and he is getting under everything.

Which is another reason I don't like him in the 4 hole.

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Don't you have some kinda graph for that?

12. toby

toby Member

Stanton slimmed down and dropped muscle, looks way better this year . . . I keep on thinking Bregman would be better and move better if he got a little leaner.

13. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Fire him